[NL2-NL10] AJ 10NL turn bet

• MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      Hi,

Still struggling with the turn. I thought he had exactly what he showed, so I was going to raise. BUT I also didnt want him to kick me out of the hand...
      river: I thought for a while but then decided he is never calling anything if he missed.
      Thanks a lot :heart:

PokerStars - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

MP+1: $10.00
      CO: $10.56
      Hero (BTN): $10.41
      SB: $9.03 34/31/inf (29) - not more info.
      BB: $5.32
      UTG: $4.57
      UTG+1: $7.59
      MP: $8.37

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has J:diamond: A:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, SB calls $0.25, fold

Flop: ($0.70, 2 players) Q:spade: T:heart: A:club:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.50, SB calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.70, 2 players) 8:diamond:
      SB bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80

River: ($3.30, 2 players) 3:spade:
      SB checks, Hero checks

SB shows Q:club: J:club: (One Pair, Queens) (Pre 32%, Flop 21%, Turn 14%)
      Hero shows J:diamond: A:heart: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 68%, Flop 79%, Turn 86%)
      Hero wins $3.15
  • 5 replies
    • nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      i would bet a little bigger on the turn you can get a bit more value there and i would also bet the river, you can get called by worse ace or 2nd pair, the thinner the value the smaller i would make it, i think 1.90 gets a lot of calls, even if you bet $1.00 its better than nothing
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      I'm a beginner in nl, but gonna give my views anyway, good for corrections.

1. 3xbb better than 4xbb here?
      2. 1/2 pot donk signals middle pair or top pair no kicker to me. My guess is the pros gonna say 'raise it' on turn.
      3. River is a clear value bet to me. I think you underestimated how often worse, weak 'made' hands call here.

Note, I'm a beginner on lesson 1 in beginners course, this is just what my experience tells me.
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      hey guys, thanks a lot :f_love:

@nefarious: on the turn he is donking, I am not leading the betting there. Did you mean raise it?

@zerod: looking forward to you moving on to nl z :f_cool: I think you are spot on. I thought the same, but he seemed to be quite aggro and I got scared as I didnt want him to kick me out of the hand :D I do think I should have probably bet river as you said. I get muddled up here counting v. what hands I am ok and what hands not :f_frown:
    • nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MisClick
      hey guys, thanks a lot :f_love:

@nefarious: on the turn he is donking, I am not leading the betting there. Did you mean raise it?

@zerod: looking forward to you moving on to nl z :f_cool: I think you are spot on. I thought the same, but he seemed to be quite aggro and I got scared as I didnt want him to kick me out of the hand :D I do think I should have probably bet river as you said. I get muddled up here counting v. what hands I am ok and what hands not :f_frown:
      i missread it i thought you bet out, when he donks like that its a stop bet were he wants to get to showdown cheap, how much you raise this is player dependant like some donk small and call any raise lol, 9J got there or he could of picked up some outs so i think its ok to raise
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello MisClick,

On the turn he is showing weakness anyways. One of the things I usually do is I'd just raise it up to gain value from draws/weaker Ax hands and do it for value. If he decides to 3bet we can still get away.

But of course I am not saying that way ahead/behind is wrong here, totally fine but take a note with what he did that. :P

Best Regards.