$50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players -

MP: $83.20
      Hero (CO): $48.50
      BTN: $77.97
      SB: $60.53
      BB: $76.61
      UTG: $69.93

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is CO with 8 :heart: 8 :spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, 2 folds, BB raises to $4.75, Hero calls $3.25

Flop: ($9.75) 4 :heart: T :club: 3 :club: (2 players)
      BB bets $6.50, Hero calls $6.50

Turn: ($22.75) J :diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($22.75) J :heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $15.50, Hero calls $15.50

Based on Villain's play so far I think it's a no-brainer call preflop... :)
      On the flop it's still an easy call.
      On the turn I've decided to get to showdown with my hand, and the river bet really surprised me. As he's quite aggro, he doesnt really represent much with this big river bet. He wouldnt valuebet a Tx so thin, and if he has a Jx or an overpair, why not bet the turn? I think his range on the river is quite polarized between monsters (maybe trying to chR on the turn) and bluffs, and he's aggro enough to bluff with a decent frequency.
      What do you think?
  • 3 replies
    • DeLau
      I don't think he will bluff here after checking turn. If he wanted to bluff you off your hand, he would continue betting turn imo. When you check behind the turn, you're essentially telling him you have (weak) showdownvalue and you're going for pot control.

So clear fold imo.
    • veriz
      Hello pcfmcc02,

Preflop: Depends a lot on the dynamics and stuff but Calling isn't wrong vs his wide 3betting range which will include all weaker PPs of course and even worse.
      Postflop: Have to agree with lpdlamei here cause it's very likely that it's going to be a value-hand mainly and he ain't bluffing there. You have to keep the plan to keep free showdown and if you don't receive it then rather fold on the river.

Best Regards.
    • duder1n0
      I think I was too result-oriented in my own analysis, and was quite pleased to see his Q9 at the showdown. The river call was mainly based on my feelings about this player (not many examples yet, just the way he plays overall), which was that he is overaggro, and capable of moves/lines that just doesnt make much sense.
      But you're right, that was just one exception to the rule, and 99% of the time thinking players dont bluff this way... Although you can always take it to the "next level", that he knows he doesnt represent anything with this bet, so I have to think he wouldnt bluff here, and that's why he's bluffing actually... :D