[NL2-NL10] NL6SH 888 99 - 3b/flat??

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      CO = 22/13/2/2/29/1193 - LP fish - fto3b = 26% 6/23 (50% 4of8 in CO) also: Called 3Bets in position {22,AQo,QTo+}

FCB = 58% WTSD=29%

Preflop: Normally I am just calling here to flop a set or to play for value if I have an OP. But instead I opted to 3b for value given that I had seen him call 3b's very wide on a number of occasions, eg weaker pairs as low as 22 and QTo when stacks were deep and he was IP.

In hindsight I think I should just flat pre, hope to flop a set or OP and VB relentlessley. If I miss I can expect villain to play fit or fold postflop and rarely bluff me if he bets. Therefore I think flatting is better than 3betting in this instance.

Flop: He has a lot of KX here K9-KQ, TX that probably wont fold, some draws (JQ) and smaller pairs that probably wont fold either (i don't expect him to flat KA pre since he 4b's 17% overall 2/8 from CO). I bet here for value/protection vs JQ maybe some weaker pairs that dont fold to 1 bet.

However, I cant be very sure he calls weaker pairs here or that he would fold TX, as a result I'm not even sure that I should even bet the flop. I had notes to say that he plays fairly fit or fold, however I don't know whether he plays differently in 3b pots.

With that in mind maybe I should play c/f on the flop and hope to get a cheap showdown considering that he will only bet with hands that beat mine and probably go to showdown with worse.

Turn: I think I would be pure bluffing here so don't think there is any point in barrelling again. I just intended to c/f T+R. I guess if this is my line for the turn then I should not bet the flop and just c/f there also?

888 Poker - $0.06 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: $12.90
      CO: $6.00
      BTN: $7.99
      Hero (SB): $6.00
      BB: $7.85

Hero posts SB $0.03, BB posts BB $0.06

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.09) Hero has 9:heart: 9:spade:

fold, CO raises to $0.21, fold, Hero raises to $0.60, fold, CO calls $0.39

Flop: ($1.26, 2 players) K:spade: 2:diamond: T:club:
      Hero bets $0.63, CO calls $0.63

Turn: ($2.52, 2 players) 5:club:
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($2.52, 2 players) 7:diamond:
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.26, fold

CO wins $2.38
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello muel294,

Even if you 3bet it preflop then this kind of flop is just one of the worst to CB and of course doesn't make sense to just CB once and give up on the turn, money donation into him. Most of his range is going to continue on the flop.

My advice rather to play passively preflop unless you have a better idea where to CB and where not to CB and where to 2nd barrel and why to do that. How often the board hits opponents range and etc.

Best Regards.