ROI's and Thoughts 9seat vs 27seaters

• jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      Summer is here and i feel like mixing things up, taking a break from cash games and playing some S&G's :) Been awhile but there great fun.

My main question really is how much can a decent average ROI varry between 9's and 27's? I'm wondering which are better to play. I'll be playing normal speed (10 minute blinds).

If i play 9's i'll be 6 tabling, which take like 1hr 10mins to the end of Heads up. If i play 27's i'll be 9 tabling, they take about 2hrs/2hrs 15mins to the end of heads up.

So i'm really wanting to know which are better value in terms of $per hour. I can play more tables of 27's as the action stays full ringed for longer. 9 seaters i could play more but its just when you reach 4/3 players in alot of games everything becomes quiets rushed and as this is where the money is made i want to keep my edge as big as possible.

So if my roi was 10% in 9's i'd need a roi of 13.5% in 27's for it to make no difference which i played.

How i under stand it for 9's something between 5%-12% ROI is whats sustainable. So what kind of ROI's are sustainable over solid samples in 27's? 15%-25%? Obvs roi's are varied based on skill and style, but i'm just looking for some rough numbers to determine if one format offers a noticeable difference in $per hour or not.
  • 9 replies
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      I moved your thread to the sit'n'go forum instead, as it's more suitable.

Regards,
      Richard
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi, jonnyjm!

I would say that personally I think there is more value in MT SNGs than 9-player ones. 9-players ones are getting tougher and tougher, edge is smaller, games are more fested. A lot of people have at least an idea of how to play them. This doesn't mean that you should give up on them though! They come with a lower variance, greater volume, greater traffic, hence more rakeback, lower bankroll needed + they are less tilting imo and better for beginners who can't take big swings as the ones in the MT SNGs.

ROI vary a lot! Especially on the lower limits where you can go much higher than 5% as the top of your ROI.

27-man are not widely discussed and and there is higher fish ratio-therefore you wouldn't feel the need/time to table select-variance, however, is higher, but ROI is bigger, maybe much bigger.

However, I think that 27 SnGs traffic is very super low once you move up the limits a bit, isn't it so? Where as if you play FR- you can comfortably find games until 30-60$ limit.

Better hourly rate depends on what you play better. If you are better at 9-player Sngs- you will profit more from them, so your hourly rate will be higher.

Cheers!
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      Much love for the response. Thank you :)
    • dangermowse
      dangermowse
      Silver
      You should beat 27's for wayyyyyy more than 13.5% and the hourly should be higher.
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dangermowse
      You should beat 27's for wayyyyyy more than 13.5% and the hourly should be higher.
      25% - 30% ROI? How much would your ROI drop from the $1.50's to $15's?
    • dangermowse
      dangermowse
      Silver
      Not sure if 30% is achievable but definitely 20% at any level they run. Dunno what you can get in the micros.
    • Kamikaze001
      Kamikaze001
      Bronze
      where can u play 27man 10$+?
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      Stars obvs, they have: $1.50's, $3.50's, $7's, $15's & $30's
    • dangermowse
      dangermowse
      Silver
      $30's never run and $15's aren't all that either.