[NL2-NL10] NL10 - First Hand Review Request

• celticfrog
      Howdy...this hand resulted in me being told "nice luck, lucker", "stupid fish", and "i hope you lose all your money".

I don't think I was that bad here...some input would be appreciated...

I don't use HM or PT...Villain was quite aggressive and I played the hand passively as I wanted to keep the pot smallish, and didn't need to bet as he was betting OOP.

On the turn I pushed all-in over his $1.05 raise as he only had $1.35 left so any raise from me was putting him all-in.

Everest Poker — Hand Details
      Hand ID: 7620176710
      Table ID: -172115748
      Play Mode: Real Money
      Table Name: Riga-3
      Game Type: Hold'em
      Blinds: 0.05/0.10
      Stakes: 0.05/0.10
      Starting Date: 2012-06-15 GMT
      Starting Time: 13:45:22 GMT

Seating Arrangement:

UTG+2 is at seat 1 with 9.75.
      Villain (MP) is at seat 2 with 4.75.
      HERO (MP+1) is at seat 3 with 17.70.
      LP2 is at seat 4 with 6.04.
      CO is at seat 5 with 4.00.
      Button is at seat 6 with 9.85.
      SB is at seat 7 with 12.84.
      BB is at seat 8 with 10.33.
      UTG is at seat 9 with 3.95.
      UTG+1 is at seat 10 with 7.67.

Post Blinds:

The button is at seat 6.
      SB posts the small blind of 0.05.
      BB posts the big blind of 0.10.
      CO declines to post a blind.

Deal Pocket Cards:
      UTG+2: -- --
      Villain: -- --
      HERO: As Jd
      CO: -- --
      Button: -- --
      SB: -- --
      BB: -- --
      UTG: -- --
      UTG+1: -- --

UTG folds.
      UTG+1 folds.
      UTG+2 folds.
      Villain (MP) raises 0.35.
      HERO (MP+1) calls 0.35.
      MP+2 calls 0.35.
      Button folds.
      SB folds.
      BB calls 0.25.

Flop (Jh 4d 4h):
      BB checks.
      Villain raises 0.95.
      HERO calls 0.95.
      MP+2 folds.
      BB folds.

Turn (Jh 4d 4h 10c):
      Villain raises 1.05.
      HERO raises 6.50.
      Villain calls 2.40.

River (Jh 4d 4h 10c 10d):

HERO shows As Jd.
      HERO has 10c 10d Jd Jh As: Two Pair
      Villain shows Js Kh.
      Villain has 10c 10d Js Jh Kh: Two Pair

Pot Summary:
      3.05 is returned to HERO (uncalled).
      Total Pot: 10.25
      HERO wins 9.57.
      House Rake: 0.68
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      Hello celticfrog,

Welcome to the English NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Here is some help for you how to convert hands, there must be also for Everest a conversion: link.

Preflop: Don't Call like that cause you have way too many opponents behind you and with such a hand it's very difficult to play in multiway pot and people tend to overplay hands, which happened with you.

As played
      Turn: Don't see any reason to raise here cause you are just making a lot worse hands to fold, at the best we could consider calling and reevaluating the river. Kind of overplayed your hand.

Best Regards.
    • celticfrog
      I tried using the hand converter on Pokerhand, but it didn't convert correctly...might have been that I needed to adjust the amount of info I copied from the hand history file - I will play with it for the future.

Since I don't use any tracking software, it is difficult to show just how this villain was playing...he was raising almost every hand preflop, and folding to a lot of 3bets as well.

I called preflop due mostly to table dynamics and wanting to keep the pot small....I will see about raising in a spot like that more often.

I agree regarding the call on the flop...with 2pair and top kicker, I didn't want to scare him away...

On the turn, I pushed mainly because of the small amount he had left in his stack: he bet out $1.05 with $2.40 behind so any raise from me would have him all-in anyways. Is the raise here too aggressive? Should I have called and waited for him to push on the river? I doubt that I would have folded even if a Q or K came on the river, but pushing the turn at least let me get my money in the middle while I felt my hand was good.

As for the insults in the chat window...I don't really care, I just felt they were a little uncalled for...
    • veriz
      VERYVERY difficult to read the hand here. :( So rather next time try to use converted hand but yeah, the main mistake is done preflop.