raiderX12

• raiderX12
      raiderX12
      Bronze
      heyy I'm 24 years old guy who loves this game. I used to play SnG but now I'm going back to cash games (FR and SH), and this course is going to be my motivation to start from the bottom again! :f_biggrin:

here is my Homework:

:diamond: What is your motivation for playing poker?
      - my main motivation is to learn the full aspects of the game, and also to win some money to be able to travel around the world (just a dream :f_cool: )

:diamond: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?
      - My biggest weakness is to lose the focus in the middle of the session because of a badbeat. Then I've another leaks like sometimes I play too lose from all the position and sometimes it's cost me money and downs my winrate! :f_cry:

:diamond: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?
      Play tight aggressive means that you have to select a hand range for every position and bring it with a raise preflop. then, PostFlop, you should be aggressive if you connect the flop or if you find good target to being aggressive!

Hope to find some new poker friends around here!
  • 4 replies
    • raiderX12
      raiderX12
      Bronze
      Today I had a nice session...
      I played 814 hands in four tables... I had a coupe of tough post-flop spots that I'm going to post in the forum later.

here I show you some of the stats:
      "VP$IP","PFR","W$WSF","WTSD","W$SD"
      "22.86","19.17","53.28","25.41" ,"64.52"

I've to improve my game, I hope this course will help me to do that!
    • raiderX12
      raiderX12
      Bronze
      :diamond: Question 1: What do you think you could play differently than suggested in the BSS Starting Hands Chart and why? (Are there any hands you would play differently? Do you have a problem or question about how a specific hand or hands should be played?) :diamond:

As you already see, I'm playing ShortHanded Game so sometimes the SHC is pretty tight for SH games, but when I started to play poker, I started with Full Ring Games, and I used the SHC that PS provided me! which is a very good starting point to understand hand ranges!. Over time I realized that sometimes from Late Position you can open a wide range of hands because the villians on the Blinds were Nitty players so I could steal their blinds, however if they coldCallme I could cbet the flop and still were going to be profitable, it's all based on the information of the villains that you have, and the flop texture (they cold called you :f_biggrin: )

:diamond: Question 2: Do you have questions about your preflop play? Post your hand for evaluation. :diamond:
      Here I show you some hands that I posted today! :f_cool:

[SH-NL04] - Value Bet turn?

[SH-NL04] - Flop Game

:diamond: Question 3: What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range? 5% means 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo. :diamond:

:D finish!!

seee youu laterr
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Most of the weakness you wrote can easily be fixed by posting hands (analyzing your session). We will start writing feedback to your play. Usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you lose money, you will remember it more than winning part. By this situation it's gonna be that negative feedback you gonna remember and try to avoid them next time.

Easiest way to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own results. Some may put it higher, some lower. Also after the stop you can spend some time with evaluation part to become better.

Another option against tilt is to set yourself shorter sessions which might avoid you from tilting. If you playing longer sessions then it's more likely that during that session you can get upset. So work on your game and try to find out what makes you tilt and try to fight against it.

Tight style is usually called playing selected hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Hopefully you will enjoy the Course.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #2 Done!

Totally agree with you about the stealing ranges. Against specific opponents we adjust, either wider range or tighter range. Against some shorties you can even steal with smaller raise, for example 3xBB. But don't overdo the stealing situations. Sometimes you might just put yourself into too many difficult spots if opening with marginal hands. As for example stealing too many hands from SB and being out of position.

About Question #3:

Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    46.32%  37.92%   8.41% { AKo }
      UTG+1  53.68%  45.27%   8.41% { 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo }

Hopefully you enjoy the Course so far.