CO: $10.15
      BTN: $3.85
      SB: $4.29
      BB: $4.00
      UTG: $4.00
      Hero (UTG+1): $10.00

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has A:club: K:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, MP+1 calls $0.30, fold, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.75, 2 players) J:diamond: 8:diamond: 7:club:
      Hero checks, MP+1 bets $0.57, fold

MP+1 wins $0.72
  • 5 replies
    • Tiltmeifucan
      Tiltmeifucan
      Bronze
      You should cbet here if opponent knows at least a little of what he is doing :D

Your UTG raise is very powerful It is necessary to make a cbet, you even have some pot equity here with 2 overcards, and his bet making you fold that pot equity share for him is good.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      i call cbets quite wide here. this is a great board to float, caller can rep quite a lot of pairs/draws and pfa is c/f 95% of the time when he checks turn :f_biggrin:

only reason to cbet would be because we have a few backdoors but meh. i think i c/f myself, maybe with the A
    • Tiltmeifucan
      Tiltmeifucan
      Bronze
      If you know that your opponent will float this flop often, then it must be profitable to 2nd barrel here. You should be able to stay aggressive with pot equity + fold equity share in this pot cause turn card could be very good, to increase dramatically fold equity.
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      hey, thanks guys :f_love:

@ Tomaloc: yes, that is they way I see it

@ Tilt: the problem with that is that you are turning your hand into a bluff, oop. If you put your opponent on a range, and you see what kind of hand he could have, you find that most of the cbets here are made with a hand that beats you (nor or on later streets). Some of those will be bluffs, but most of them hit their possible range well.

With the Ad I will probably take few seconds more to fold :D I think it will depend a lot on my opponent, but still feels like a long shot being oop with that board...?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello MisClick,

Nah, don't really see any reason to CB such flops which he will rarely fold here. I'd also Check/Fold it, a lot of hands continue here. Nice hand!

Best Regards.