[NL20-NL50] SH50 - QJs blinddefense

• chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze

$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Holdem
      PartyPoker
      4 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

This hand is from a new plattform i'm playing on and BTN is one of the really good players.
      First session with him, didn't have 500 hands yet and wanted to take a look at his multibarrel behaviour.

Stacks:
      CO ($36.38) 73bb
      BTN ($73.26) 147bb
      SB ($48.73) 97bb
      cincinkid (BB) ($53.90) 108bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 4 players) cincinkid is BB J Q
      1 fold, BTN raises to $1.50, 1 fold, cincinkid calls $1

Flop: 3 Q 2 ($3.25, 2 players)
      cincinkid checks, BTN bets $2, cincinkid calls $2

Turn: T ($7.25, 2 players)
      cincinkid checks, BTN bets $4, cincinkid calls $4

River: 6 ($15.25, 2 players)
      cincinkid checks, BTN bets $14.50, cincinkid calls $14.50

On the river i thought either he wants me out of the hand badly or he knows that i won't fold after calling on such a dry board twice so he went for maximum value.

I wouldn't play this hand everytime like this.
      Just wanted to see how he plays and got that valueable information + he will have a hard time making 3 barrels with nothing because he thinks i will call him down all the way.

Final Pot: $44.25

PS: Plattform is not PP btw :)
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello chocular77,

Great to hear that you changed platform, it sometimes really helps to find better opponents and especially looser ones and of course sometimes even better deals and hunt for the FDB. Plus of course sometimes helps to clear the mindset. :)

About the play I'd play the same way, I wouldn't fold it on the river either, his value-range there is pretty small but meanwhile rather looks like tries to gain fold equity. His CB range is also way too wide. Plus of course doubt that he is value-betting that way a high Qx and if he even does then put a note.

Best Regards.
    • chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      Thanks for the evaluations!

I didn't change away from Everest completely yet.
      The traffic is pretty bad so i also play on an austrian plattform for now.
      But as you said i switch would be a good thin. Since i couldn't really go up in stakes if i wanted to and i can't really get better on both of these plattform.

I will however make a real switch in July since i will have more time and try to clear a FDB on something like William Hill or 888.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by chocular77
      Thanks for the evaluations!

I didn't change away from Everest completely yet.
      The traffic is pretty bad so i also play on an austrian plattform for now.
      But as you said i switch would be a good thin. Since i couldn't really go up in stakes if i wanted to and i can't really get better on both of these plattform.

I will however make a real switch in July since i will have more time and try to clear a FDB on something like William Hill or 888.
      Seems like a great plan, 888 is super loose and WH has great deals for PokerStrategy. :)