[NL2-NL10] A3o Freeplay NL2

• Chowchow12
      Villian 38/0/0 VP PFR 3bet

IPoker, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 7 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP2: $4.24 (212 bb)
      MP3: $5.75 (287.5 bb)
      CO: $0.87 (43.5 bb)
      BTN: $1.57 (78.5 bb)
      SB: $3.50 (175 bb)
      Hero (BB): $1.99 (99.5 bb)
      MP1: $1.85 (92.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3 A
      3 folds, CO calls $0.02, BTN folds, SB completes, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.06) 5 A 4 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.12, CO calls $0.12, SB folds
      I had felt like since I hit I had put money in the pot for Value. Was overbetting a bad call here since my kicker was so low? Should I have just kept the pot smaller? With a call from CO I was not expecting much, but perhaps I should have known Ax would be in his range. Should I have just checked?

Turn: ($0.30) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.22, CO calls $0.22
      I honestly thought he had a mid pair at this point, so I went for a Value/Bluff and thought to take it here. (What would be a good way to think about this?)

River: ($0.74) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks At this point I knew he was going to call anything, so I checked since that Queen scared me honestly, and I had such a low kicker.

After review I am thinking I put to much money in the pot with a top pair with such a poor hand. I am not to sure what I should have done in terms of betting.

$0.74 pot ($0.04 rake)
      Final Board: 5 A 4 9 Q
      CO showed A 9 and won $0.70 ($0.34 net)
      Hero mucked 3 A and lost (-$0.36 net)
  • 2 replies
    • Tiltmeifucan
      Why in earth you bet so much in flop, do you think with such a bet sizing you will get called from worse?

You will just get called by better hands, you are isolating yourself in bad spot man.

Basically bet flop about 70% when he make a call. Just c/f your hand is trash, but you had your odd's when you checked from Bigblind

In turn you are most likely behind already, because he called such a huge bet on flop.

How you read that he hold a pocket pair?
    • veriz
      Hello Chowchow12,

You still don't have that strong hand that you want to over-bet big time here. You just get value from draws and even them don't Call always vs your sizing. Rather make it pot size or something similar. Of course over-bet ain't wrong but you are just building up the pot while not having even a very strong hand.

But otherwise seems to be fine.

Best Regards.