This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] A3o Freeplay NL2

• Chowchow12
      Chowchow12
      Bronze
      Villian 38/0/0 VP PFR 3bet

IPoker, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 7 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP2: $4.24 (212 bb)
      MP3: $5.75 (287.5 bb)
      CO: $0.87 (43.5 bb)
      BTN: $1.57 (78.5 bb)
      SB: $3.50 (175 bb)
      Hero (BB): $1.99 (99.5 bb)
      MP1: $1.85 (92.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3 A
      3 folds, CO calls $0.02, BTN folds, SB completes, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.06) 5 A 4 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.12, CO calls $0.12, SB folds
      I had felt like since I hit I had put money in the pot for Value. Was overbetting a bad call here since my kicker was so low? Should I have just kept the pot smaller? With a call from CO I was not expecting much, but perhaps I should have known Ax would be in his range. Should I have just checked?

Turn: ($0.30) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.22, CO calls $0.22
      I honestly thought he had a mid pair at this point, so I went for a Value/Bluff and thought to take it here. (What would be a good way to think about this?)

River: ($0.74) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks At this point I knew he was going to call anything, so I checked since that Queen scared me honestly, and I had such a low kicker.

After review I am thinking I put to much money in the pot with a top pair with such a poor hand. I am not to sure what I should have done in terms of betting.

Results:
      $0.74 pot ($0.04 rake)
      Final Board: 5 A 4 9 Q
      CO showed A 9 and won $0.70 ($0.34 net)
      Hero mucked 3 A and lost (-$0.36 net)
  • 2 replies
    • Tiltmeifucan
      Tiltmeifucan
      Bronze
      Why in earth you bet so much in flop, do you think with such a bet sizing you will get called from worse?

You will just get called by better hands, you are isolating yourself in bad spot man.

Basically bet flop about 70% when he make a call. Just c/f your hand is trash, but you had your odd's when you checked from Bigblind

In turn you are most likely behind already, because he called such a huge bet on flop.

How you read that he hold a pocket pair?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Chowchow12,

You still don't have that strong hand that you want to over-bet big time here. You just get value from draws and even them don't Call always vs your sizing. Rather make it pot size or something similar. Of course over-bet ain't wrong but you are just building up the pot while not having even a very strong hand.

But otherwise seems to be fine.

Best Regards.