MSS - 3BET pre flop and miss!

• nazzz969
      nazzz969
      Bronze
      hi guys i'm playing 6 max MSS, i have a qns, what if im in the small blind and have AQ, original raiser riase to 3 bb, i 3 bet to 9 bb and flop comes K72 rainbow. should i cbet? and if i do how much? Thanks alot!
  • 4 replies
    • BObamaJr
      BObamaJr
      Bronze
      Easy.

Analyse his pre-flop range (use the % fold to 3-bet stat). Once you have determined his range ask yourself whether he will fold most of the time to a c-bet. If he will, the move will be profitable in the long-term. If not, check and re-evaluate on the turn.

If you don't have access to stats a general rule would be to c-bet. On K-high rainbow flops you can easily represent the K and his pre-flop calling range would often be hit with 1/2 overcards or not be helped on this board.
    • nazzz969
      nazzz969
      Bronze
      thanks for the reply!
      so how much should i cbet? should i jus straight shove? but itll be overbetting the pot... half pot and he float wont be that good either. 2/3 pot leaves me kinda committed for the rest of my chips! hahaha so basically my qns is HOW MUCH?!
    • BObamaJr
      BObamaJr
      Bronze
      1/2 pot. That still allows you to fold. If you are playing $4 or under ignore my advice - I have no SSS knowledge.
    • romcey
      romcey
      Bronze
      yea it is 1/2 pot.