This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

MSS - 3BET pre flop and miss!

• nazzz969
      nazzz969
      Bronze
      hi guys i'm playing 6 max MSS, i have a qns, what if im in the small blind and have AQ, original raiser riase to 3 bb, i 3 bet to 9 bb and flop comes K72 rainbow. should i cbet? and if i do how much? Thanks alot!
  • 4 replies
    • BObamaJr
      BObamaJr
      Bronze
      Easy.

Analyse his pre-flop range (use the % fold to 3-bet stat). Once you have determined his range ask yourself whether he will fold most of the time to a c-bet. If he will, the move will be profitable in the long-term. If not, check and re-evaluate on the turn.

If you don't have access to stats a general rule would be to c-bet. On K-high rainbow flops you can easily represent the K and his pre-flop calling range would often be hit with 1/2 overcards or not be helped on this board.
    • nazzz969
      nazzz969
      Bronze
      thanks for the reply!
      so how much should i cbet? should i jus straight shove? but itll be overbetting the pot... half pot and he float wont be that good either. 2/3 pot leaves me kinda committed for the rest of my chips! hahaha so basically my qns is HOW MUCH?!
    • BObamaJr
      BObamaJr
      Bronze
      1/2 pot. That still allows you to fold. If you are playing $4 or under ignore my advice - I have no SSS knowledge.
    • romcey
      romcey
      Bronze
      yea it is 1/2 pot.