[NL2-NL10] nl5 more AQ

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $4.15 (83 bb)
      Hero (CO): $5.64 (112.8 bb)
      BTN: $4.04 (80.8 bb)
      SB: $3.89 (77.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q A
      Hero raises to $0.20, BTN folds, SB calls $0.18, BB folds

Flop: ($0.45) 4 6 4 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.27, SB calls $0.27

Turn: ($0.99) A (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.75, SB calls $0.75

River: ($2.49) T (2 players)
      SB bets $1, Hero folds

Results:
      $2.49 pot ($0.10 rake)
      Final Board: 4 6 4 A T
      Hero mucked Q A and lost (-$1.22 net)
      SB mucked and won $2.39 ($1.17 net)

Villain’s line looked pretty strong just calling down and then donking the river. I folded because I wasn’t comfortable calling that bet while I might even be outkicked by AK or rivered by AT. Should I have called?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

No way I am giving up on the river for the given odds, I would most likely still Call it down while the guy could even have worse Ax hands.

Best Regards.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      i guess i'm pretty bad when it comes to odds with a made hand. how can i decide that i have 'good odds'? i know that he is offering me a good price as far as the pot size goes, but what information do we use to decide that i am getting a good price other than his small bet into that pot? is it my hand strength against his range and how often i'm ahead in comparison to the pot odds?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      i guess i'm pretty bad when it comes to odds with a made hand. how can i decide that i have 'good odds'? i know that he is offering me a good price as far as the pot size goes, but what information do we use to decide that i am getting a good price other than his small bet into that pot? is it my hand strength against his range and how often i'm ahead in comparison to the pot odds?
      It's hard to describe exactly when and why to Call cause it mainly depends a lot on board, opponent, opponent stack, our actions and etc.