Dutch newbie in the UK ;)

• Enni2S
      Enni2S
      Bronze
      Hey everyone,

Because these intro posts are always a semi-excuse to get some posts racking up and hopefully win some admirers *cough* like-minded people, I'll join in the fray ;) .

My name's Enni, I'm nineteen year old girl, born in Holland, and I've been trying my hand at poker for about a year now. I have played casually and without much interest in math up to this point, but I am in the mood to take poker a bit more seriously, mostly because of my extremely long five month holiday during which I have been sleeping so much that I sometimes accidently skip both breakfast and dinner >.<.

The reason for this holiday is England's (Where I currently live) extremely lazy university calendar, with a whopping 5 months off per year (enough time to grind me some cash games!). I started out playing on PKR and managed to win some free cash on 10ct giveaways, eventually getting myself to ten dollars, before I got too annoyed with the software. Then I moved to Full tilt for a while, and eventually I ended up at Pokerstars.

Currently I am playing on Party Poker with my own money for the first time, finally feeling confident enough to deposit a small sum of cash to the world of online poker. I also have an account on William Hill because of the 50$ free thing, but I'm not sure whether I like that poker room. That's about it. If you've manage to read this far then I will admire your patience. I'd like to meet and chat with some new people, so feel free to contact or comment or whatever haha.

x

Enni :heart:
  • 16 replies
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hey Enni2S and welcome to the forums :)

what are you studying at university? and i see you are still basic status. are you not tracked to any sites through pokerstrategy? if you are not happy with the WH software then it could be a good idea to sign up with another room and earn strategy points. that way you will be able to unlock new learning material which is well worth it.

and good to hear you are interested in taking poker seriously! you should definitely check out the NL Beginner's course if you are into cash games - this is without a doubt the best way to get you going :D

good luck
      Lewis.
    • Enni2S
      Enni2S
      Bronze
      I study Anthropology :) And I've tried that, but it just gives me a waiting symbol. Can it only track points through party poker if I signed up through here? I hope not :p
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      ah unfortunately you can only earn strategy points from a poker site if you signed up to them using the bonus code from pokerstrategy. depending on the site, you could email them and ask to become tracked, although they rarely do this as it is against their t&c, since we are an affiliate. also i know that pokerstars are very strict and will not retrack anybody.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Enni2S
      If you've manage to read this far then I will admire your patience
      ty :f_biggrin:

we get bored with all the oversleeping and doing nothing, but once we get back to the "work hard" routine we immediately miss the days.
      but whatever, if you take your time to learn a new something during these "nothing" times... then at least you can tell yourself later that you are a somehow more complete person :f_biggrin: at least that's what i do
    • Enni2S
      Enni2S
      Bronze
      haha, I guess. :) Can't afford to spend more than 15 pound on poker though currently. Bit annoying, because it means everything I play is above my bankroll limit (even NL2 haha) Did just finish in the money of a small tournament, so hooray for a 2 pound boost. :p
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey Enni2s!

Welkom in de Engelse community!

Soo where in Holland are you from? I live on the boarder with Holland (in Tongeren next to Maastricht).

I see you made an account on WH for the free $50? So I guess you passed the quiz then? I hope you'll run good with that money!

Best of luck on the tables!

RasTweet
    • Enni2S
      Enni2S
      Bronze
      I'm from Delft ^^ but I got bored of the small town life :p I hope so too. I've been doing alright on Party poker though, so I'm currently preoccupied haha.
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      I don't like ipoker either nitssssssssssssssssssssssssss upon nitssssssssssssssss
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Oh Delft isn't close to me at all :f_biggrin:

I hope you're having a really great time in England!

Are you printing money yet on Party?

RasTweet
    • Enni2S
      Enni2S
      Bronze
      haha not yet, currently I'm mostly fighting with WIlliam Hill over their stupid withdrawal rules and CS >.<
    • mccol001
      mccol001
      Bronze
      Where abouts in England do you live now then? :) I currenty live in England but am planning to hopefully move to Rotterdam sometime late next year. :P
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      A lot of my wifes family live in Wassenar (check spelling?) dunno if thats near any of you??
    • Enni2S
      Enni2S
      Bronze
      north West, near Manchester. And Wassenaar is pretty close, expensive place haha. Do they own a nice villa ? :p
    • Nivlem
      Nivlem
      Silver
      Hey Enni, welcome to PokerStrategy.com!

Dutch people are awesome! :rolleyes:

Do you mainly play Cashgames or Tournaments?
    • Enni2S
      Enni2S
      Bronze
      Cash games :)

But I am planning to do some SnG work soon.

I will supply this thread with some shameless self-promotion :p

my blog: Of party and Poker: My SnG 100$ to 1000$ goal thingy

I think I don't take myself too seriously, I believe that is a Dutch trait ^^
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Enni2S

I think I don't take myself too seriously, I believe that is a Dutch trait ^^
      For sure it is! But that makes it a lot of fun to hang out with Dutch ppl!