This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Donk gets lucky

• arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      Man Wtf is this? I dropped down to the lowest stakes ever possible in poker! 0.01/0.02, and even there I lose with donks like this? At some point you gotta start wonder if the sites are just making you lose, someone comfort me. X(

handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

MP ($1.73)
      CO ($0.96)
      Button ($0.39)
      SB ($0.88)
      Hero ($3)
      UTG ($1.48)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, Q.
      UTG calls $0.02, MP calls $0.02, CO calls $0.02, 1 fold, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.10) 5, 9, T (5 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, UTG bets $0.06, MP calls $0.06, CO calls $0.06, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.26, UTG folds, MP calls $0.20, CO folds.

Turn: ($0.74) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.62, MP calls $1.45 (All-In).

River: ($3.64) 7 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $3.64

Results in white below:
      Hero has Jh Qh (flush, queen high).
      MP has 3c Ah (flush, ace high).
      Outcome: MP wins $3.64.
  • 6 replies
    • DrFunk
      DrFunk
      Bronze
      He had an 11% chance of hitting the river. He still had 6 (4 actually) outs left. I've seen worse bad beats...

I'd say you got lucky. :) He was 53% favorite preflop.
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      I was just really mad, yea I see what you are talking about, I guess I was the donk..... or we were both donks....
    • terrygilham
      terrygilham
      Bronze
      beaten by donk, .02/.04c blinds, raised 3x big bind with 99, every one folded apart from guy sittin on left, flop comes down 8,3,2 different suits, a very nice looking flop. so i raised to 30c(pot), really i wanted to kill it because of my luck recently, but he re-raised to 80c, now i no this guy is quite loose, so i dont put him on the overpair, but he might have an ace4, so i re-raised him all in, try to push him off the hand but being a donk he auto calls. turns his cards and hes got q8o, which is a joke in itself because i raised pre-flop. turn comes and does nothin hits, of course though like fuckin always his queen hits, he even had the cheek to say i think i played that well, im fuming, 3 days now nd everything has been going against me. it makes me want to jus jack it in now before i get to a stage where i might be gambling big.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Originally posted by terrygilham
      beaten by donk, .02/.04c blinds, raised 3x big bind with 99, every one folded apart from guy sittin on left, flop comes down 8,3,2 different suits, a very nice looking flop. so i raised to 30c(pot), really i wanted to kill it because of my luck recently, but he re-raised to 80c, now i no this guy is quite loose, so i dont put him on the overpair, but he might have an ace4, so i re-raised him all in, try to push him off the hand but being a donk he auto calls. turns his cards and hes got q8o, which is a joke in itself because i raised pre-flop. turn comes and does nothin hits, of course though like fuckin always his queen hits, he even had the cheek to say i think i played that well, im fuming, 3 days now nd everything has been going against me. it makes me want to jus jack it in now before i get to a stage where i might be gambling big.
      3xBB? standard is 4BB. Both of these examples aren't bad at all. They happen all the time.
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Heh yesterday i lost some funny hands aswell and not to mention that two monsters with lucky river card made split pot :D

I remember well this one on NL0,10/0,20
      Three limps i am BB with Q4 and check

flop
      QJ4 i check one bets i call others fold
      turn
      Q
      he bets i raise all in(i am short stack) he calls since he had odds to call
      river
      J

I quess i am lucky it wasn't king since he had KQ :D

One other hand was quite similar.

And i also lost
      9 :spade: 9 :heart: vs J :club: J :diamond:( he didn't raise and were 4 callers so i called)

flop
      9 :diamond: 8 :diamond: 5 :heart:

well he bets i raise he goes all in i call.

Turn and river both came diamonds :D

And there were more hands i made quite nice minus(-20€ in 3 hours) and would be more if i wouldn't win some nice not cracked hands like with AA two villians going all in :)
    • MarieCharlotte
      MarieCharlotte
      Black
      Originally posted by slikec
      Heh yesterday i lost some funny hands aswell and not to mention that two monsters with lucky river card made split pot :D

I remember well this one on NL0,10/0,20
      Three limps i am BB with Q4 and check

flop
      QJ4 i check one bets i call others fold
      turn
      Q
      he bets i raise all in(i am short stack) he calls since he had odds to call
      river
      J

I quess i am lucky it wasn't king since he had KQ :D

One other hand was quite similar.

And i also lost
      9 :spade: 9 :heart: vs J :club: J :diamond:( he didn't raise and were 4 callers so i called)

flop
      9 :diamond: 8 :diamond: 5 :heart:

well he bets i raise he goes all in i call.

Turn and river both came diamonds :D

And there were more hands i made quite nice minus(-20€ in 3 hours) and would be more if i wouldn't win some nice not cracked hands like with AA two villians going all in :)
      rofl