Donk gets lucky

• arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      Man Wtf is this? I dropped down to the lowest stakes ever possible in poker! 0.01/0.02, and even there I lose with donks like this? At some point you gotta start wonder if the sites are just making you lose, someone comfort me. X(

handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

MP ($1.73)
      CO ($0.96)
      Button ($0.39)
      SB ($0.88)
      Hero ($3)
      UTG ($1.48)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, Q.
      UTG calls $0.02, MP calls $0.02, CO calls $0.02, 1 fold, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.10) 5, 9, T (5 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, UTG bets $0.06, MP calls $0.06, CO calls $0.06, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.26, UTG folds, MP calls $0.20, CO folds.

Turn: ($0.74) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.62, MP calls $1.45 (All-In).

River: ($3.64) 7 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $3.64

Results in white below:
      Hero has Jh Qh (flush, queen high).
      MP has 3c Ah (flush, ace high).
      Outcome: MP wins $3.64.
  • 6 replies
    • DrFunk
      DrFunk
      Bronze
      He had an 11% chance of hitting the river. He still had 6 (4 actually) outs left. I've seen worse bad beats...

I'd say you got lucky. :) He was 53% favorite preflop.
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      I was just really mad, yea I see what you are talking about, I guess I was the donk..... or we were both donks....
    • terrygilham
      terrygilham
      Bronze
      beaten by donk, .02/.04c blinds, raised 3x big bind with 99, every one folded apart from guy sittin on left, flop comes down 8,3,2 different suits, a very nice looking flop. so i raised to 30c(pot), really i wanted to kill it because of my luck recently, but he re-raised to 80c, now i no this guy is quite loose, so i dont put him on the overpair, but he might have an ace4, so i re-raised him all in, try to push him off the hand but being a donk he auto calls. turns his cards and hes got q8o, which is a joke in itself because i raised pre-flop. turn comes and does nothin hits, of course though like fuckin always his queen hits, he even had the cheek to say i think i played that well, im fuming, 3 days now nd everything has been going against me. it makes me want to jus jack it in now before i get to a stage where i might be gambling big.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Originally posted by terrygilham
      beaten by donk, .02/.04c blinds, raised 3x big bind with 99, every one folded apart from guy sittin on left, flop comes down 8,3,2 different suits, a very nice looking flop. so i raised to 30c(pot), really i wanted to kill it because of my luck recently, but he re-raised to 80c, now i no this guy is quite loose, so i dont put him on the overpair, but he might have an ace4, so i re-raised him all in, try to push him off the hand but being a donk he auto calls. turns his cards and hes got q8o, which is a joke in itself because i raised pre-flop. turn comes and does nothin hits, of course though like fuckin always his queen hits, he even had the cheek to say i think i played that well, im fuming, 3 days now nd everything has been going against me. it makes me want to jus jack it in now before i get to a stage where i might be gambling big.
      3xBB? standard is 4BB. Both of these examples aren't bad at all. They happen all the time.
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Heh yesterday i lost some funny hands aswell and not to mention that two monsters with lucky river card made split pot :D

I remember well this one on NL0,10/0,20
      Three limps i am BB with Q4 and check

flop
      QJ4 i check one bets i call others fold
      turn
      Q
      he bets i raise all in(i am short stack) he calls since he had odds to call
      river
      J

I quess i am lucky it wasn't king since he had KQ :D

One other hand was quite similar.

And i also lost
      9 :spade: 9 :heart: vs J :club: J :diamond:( he didn't raise and were 4 callers so i called)

flop
      9 :diamond: 8 :diamond: 5 :heart:

well he bets i raise he goes all in i call.

Turn and river both came diamonds :D

And there were more hands i made quite nice minus(-20€ in 3 hours) and would be more if i wouldn't win some nice not cracked hands like with AA two villians going all in :)
    • MarieCharlotte
      MarieCharlotte
      Black
      Originally posted by slikec
      Heh yesterday i lost some funny hands aswell and not to mention that two monsters with lucky river card made split pot :D

I remember well this one on NL0,10/0,20
      Three limps i am BB with Q4 and check

flop
      QJ4 i check one bets i call others fold
      turn
      Q
      he bets i raise all in(i am short stack) he calls since he had odds to call
      river
      J

I quess i am lucky it wasn't king since he had KQ :D

One other hand was quite similar.

And i also lost
      9 :spade: 9 :heart: vs J :club: J :diamond:( he didn't raise and were 4 callers so i called)

flop
      9 :diamond: 8 :diamond: 5 :heart:

well he bets i raise he goes all in i call.

Turn and river both came diamonds :D

And there were more hands i made quite nice minus(-20€ in 3 hours) and would be more if i wouldn't win some nice not cracked hands like with AA two villians going all in :)
      rofl