[NL2-NL10] NL5 Fullring AA

• Vip3rNZ
      Vip3rNZ
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 7 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $3.44 (68.8 bb)
      Hero (SB): $8.75 (175 bb)
      BB: $7.01 (140.2 bb)
      MP1: $13.17 (263.4 bb)
      MP2: $2.07 (41.4 bb)
      MP3: $5.73 (114.6 bb)
      CO: $1.93 (38.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A A
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.30) 6 3 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.18, BB calls $0.18

Turn: ($0.66) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, BB calls $0.50

River: ($1.66) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.59, BB raises to $6.18 and is all-in, Hero folds

Results:
      $4.84 pot ($0.20 rake)
      Final Board: 6 3 3 3 J
      Hero mucked A A and lost (-$2.42 net)
      BB mucked and won $4.64 ($2.22 net)

Ok so I figured until the river that he's got a flushdraw, or 22-JJ, so i'm betting for value and protection, the flush doesn't hit so i fire the river for value against smaller pocket pairs, or a flushdraw that had a jack then when he raises i put him almost specifically on JJ but possibly 66? would he do this with AJ?

villains stats are 14/10/3.9/3.6 / 557 hands
  • 8 replies
    • Lasso
      Lasso
      Bronze
      first of all a flushdraw is not that likely because u block so many combinations of his range with ur Ad. after his river shove we can exclude most 6x hands of his range, cuz if he shoved the river its like hes turning his hand into a bluff. its a tough hand anyway, because ure blocking a lot of hand combinations u actually beat with ur 2 aces. i dont think he ever shows jacks here if u call the river. he would most likely raise jacks preflop or at least on the turn for protection and value.

from his point of view ur lane must look really strong because ur bet/pot ratio got bigger on every street. and river u almost potted. i dont even see him bluffing here. worst case would be if he had something like qjs,kj,jts that he thinks is ahead of u now so he wud shove it for value. thats definately a part of his range. though he easily can have 66 or 3x, though u block the only reasonable 3x in his range - a3. so the only hand that really beats u is 66 which obviously shove the river for value.

at first i thought good fold on the river because he looks so strong with his shove. really tough. i mean theres only 66 beating us here, so i personally wud tend to call i think. though there are only jx with fd that wud be reasonable to get to the river. whats the samplesize of the stats? im playing 12/8 fr and im a sick nit, 14/10 is pretty close to my stats^^.

i just noticed that its like retarded to call on the turn with a flushdraw because there r 3 3's so many fh's already have the fd drawing dead. so sick ^^. its hard to fold when there are 3 hand combinations that beat us only in his range. but hard for me to get with jx to the river ...

excited to see what the judge says.
    • Vip3rNZ
      Vip3rNZ
      Bronze
      Thanks for the awesome reply Lasso, glad someone is interested in my hands :D

Yeah I thought this was a really tough decision, it's about 95BB's to call!

The sample size is over 557 hands.

I dont think he ever has 3x here he's fold this preflop. and i think JJ are in his range because he's beting 3.7% thats basically AA, KK, sometimes QQ and sometimes AK, i dont think ever JJ or AQ?
    • Lasso
      Lasso
      Bronze
      u should filter his 3bets to positions. i mean this is blind vs blind so ranges are usually wider than they would be. i dont think that u only open like 5% first in from the sb, though im personally really tight from the sb first in. no that easy to play oop. anyway im sure after that samplesize he would be able to 3bet this from the bb. i mean he can also defend it passive, but im playing 12/8 over 50k hands and i would always 3bet this preflop. i wouldnt even mind to get it in most of the time. though this really depends on ur stats if he even uses stats.

he can have jj in his range ofc. maybe u have been aggressive in late position and he wants to trap u or something. i mean he got position and jj plays pretty easy postflop. though for my part i would expect him to 3bet preflop. 557 hands is a decent sample size anyway, but i think it doesnt provide too many bvb situations .
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Vip3rNZ,

I'd still Bet the flop bigger but otherwise I'd most likely agree with the fold, can't see many hands which would be playing this way. He must also understand that our play is very strong here, doubt that he is floating with many Jx FDs on the turn.

Best Regards.
    • Vip3rNZ
      Vip3rNZ
      Bronze
      Thanks again Veriz and Lasso! :D

It seems to be a bit of a trend me needing to bet my flops bigger, when i'm playing, i'm normally at 16-24 tables and one of the buttons on my mouse is bet 70% pot, this is what i make my bets with! should I Increse this number to say 75% or 80%? then all the spots i bet 70% will now be bigger, i also i have a 45% button and a POT button, there is also a few spare buttons on my mouse, i could have another number in here? Anything you'd recommend, veriz?
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      70% is a number i like. OTF you're only betting 60% though..
    • Vip3rNZ
      Vip3rNZ
      Bronze
      Yeah i noticed that also, i cant actually remember such details about playing this hand any more so i don't know how i even made that bet size >.<

I never stop and manually enter bets because i play with tables stacked and if I start doing that sometimes tables behind time-out, and its super tedious trying to click I'm back at the tables that are sitting out lol

EDIT: wow I was about to post this message when I checked my hotkeys settings just to be sure I had it on 70% and I actually had it on 65% >.< all this time I could of been getting 5% more value!

I've changed it to 70% now, hopefully this will help! as for it being 60% in this hand i think it's because it rounded it down or something? not to sure but that certainly explains it partly! :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Vip3rNZ
      Thanks again Veriz and Lasso! :D

It seems to be a bit of a trend me needing to bet my flops bigger, when i'm playing, i'm normally at 16-24 tables and one of the buttons on my mouse is bet 70% pot, this is what i make my bets with! should I Increse this number to say 75% or 80%? then all the spots i bet 70% will now be bigger, i also i have a 45% button and a POT button, there is also a few spare buttons on my mouse, i could have another number in here? Anything you'd recommend, veriz?
      Depends a lot on the boards mainly but overall 70% isn't very bad, more drawy of course we also betting bigger, more dry vs dependent stack/opponent we could bet it smaller. So the average ain't very bad.