This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

best time to play 5NL FR on stars?

• Vip3rNZ
      Vip3rNZ
      Bronze
      what time would be the best time to play? when there is 150k+ players? more the better right? means more fish?
  • 9 replies
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Bronze
      for me antyime is a good time on stars as long as you know how to use the table filter's properly hehe
    • Vip3rNZ
      Vip3rNZ
      Bronze
      Well i use the vpip 20% + filter along with the players + filter and then easy seat to sables, add 4 tables every 30 mins till @ 24.

How else would you use the filter?

Also there is still bound to be an optimal time, if anyone knows this?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

Just moving this thread to the relevant board.

With PokerStars being the biggest online poker room right now - there should always be plenty of players online.

Have a great weekend,
      Gary
    • Vip3rNZ
      Vip3rNZ
      Bronze
      I know, I know but i am looking for the BEST time. even if it's a small time frame and it's not alot better then the other times.

Is it true more people online = better?
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hi Vip3rNZ

i have found that any time after ~5pm is a good time. i use the same filter as you but obviously the higher the PPF and avg.pot the better :)

and i can only say that while more players would = more fish, it would also = more sharks especially on pokerstars

Lewis
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      hi Vip3rNZ

i have found that any time after ~5pm is a good time. i use the same filter as you but obviously the higher the PPF and avg.pot the better :)

and i can only say that while more players would = more fish, it would also = more sharks especially on pokerstars

Lewis
      Very true - and by 5pm this is BST (British Summer Time) or GMT +1
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      table selection > all timezone
    • Vip3rNZ
      Vip3rNZ
      Bronze
      Thanks everyone!

So if I'm in New Zealand and we are GMT+12 best time for me would be 4AM?

I'd complain about my country being bad for poker but at least I'm not in the USA!
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Vip3rNZ
      So if I'm in New Zealand and we are GMT+12 best time for me would be 4AM?
      yeah probably any time after then too i would say. many players from europe so when they come home from work and chill out to play is a good time.