[NL2-NL10] NL2 KJs

• Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Party, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP1: $2.29 (114.5 bb)
      SB: $2.53 (126.5 bb)
      MP3: $1.93 (96.5 bb)
      Hero (BB): $2 (100 bb)
      MP2: $0.98 (49 bb)
      BTN: $0.59 (29.5 bb)
      CO: $2.04 (102 bb)
      UTG+2: $0.97 (48.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K J
      3 folds, MP3 raises to $0.04, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.02

Flop: ($0.09) 2 J T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.06, MP3 raises to $0.12, Hero raises to $0.33, MP3 raises to $0.54, Hero calls $0.21

Turn: ($1.17) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.84, MP3 raises to $1.35, Hero calls $0.51

River: ($3.87) T (2 players)

Preflop:
      Low bet indicated weakness, called as it wasn't that expensive and KJs is ok'ish :P

Flop:
      Hit top pair so betted, also for protection.
      Then some weird shit happend :P was sure he was having a smaller pair than JJ so reraised, and this is where i didn't know what to do, so I ended up calling, to see what to do on turn.

Turn:
      Well here I most defentially beat alot of strong pairs, which I was sure he had, so obviously I shoved here.

Did I go totally wrong here?
      I'm positive the guy doesn't even know why he won, he thinks his cards where strong enough for the call, but from what HM2 tells me they where not.
      But maybe I should have folded faster even tho HM2 tells me my equity was 73%
      And yes this was my first hand, that session :f_mad:

ps. sorry for my walls :)

Didn't have any reads on villain ofcouse, as it was first game, but posted what I got anyway.
      Villain:
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Resilence,

Flop: Why do you donk? He had the PFA so rather let him CB here, if you donk then at least donk it bigger for protection. Otherwise don't get the plan of 3bet and then even calling, what do you want to catch on the turn?

As palyed
      Turn: He was the aggressor, why do you donk when FD/SD complete and overcards hops in.

Best Regards.
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      I can't really justify my play here...
      I think I wanted to attempt a resteal, but I think maybe this was not the way going about it :P
      Especially after what your saying, it just seems rather dumb :)
      Hope I'll learn how to mannage resteals some time, but this one got in over my head, as I didn't expect him to try that hard :P
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Resilence
      I can't really justify my play here...
      I think I wanted to attempt a resteal, but I think maybe this was not the way going about it :P
      Especially after what your saying, it just seems rather dumb :)
      Hope I'll learn how to mannage resteals some time, but this one got in over my head, as I didn't expect him to try that hard :P
      That's what we are doing in this section, trying to learn. Sometimes it takes more than just once to post the hand. :)
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Preflop
      I'd raise for value.
      He could call with small pps, or SCs. I'd put him on these hands mostly with minraise.

He was unknown when we got this hand. Isn't a 3bet +EV compared to a call here Veriz?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      Preflop
      I'd raise for value.
      He could call with small pps, or SCs. I'd put him on these hands mostly with minraise.

He was unknown when we got this hand. Isn't a 3bet +EV compared to a call here Veriz?
      Why would it be more +EV to 3bet it? From where does the bigger value come from? Of course it's not wrong to 3bet for value vs min-raise, we can treat it as double-limp. But I don't see any problem with just calling and playing postflop in smaller pot.