Bronze
      BTN: $2.08 (20.8 bb)
      Hero (SB): $17.52 (175.2 bb)
      BB: $10.10 (101 bb) stats : V: 77/P :9 / 3b(BB) 16,7/ hands 55
      UTG: $11.64 (116.4 bb)
      MP: $8.88 (88.8 bb)
      CO: $3 (30 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9:spade: 9:heart:
      CO posts BB OOP, 2 folds, CO checks, BTN folds, Hero raises to $0.45, BB raises to $0.80, CO folds, Hero calls $0.35

Flop: ($1.70) 8:spade: 6:club: T:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $1.70, Hero folds

The sample its really small for the stats but the opp was fishy .. Its sould be better to reraise him ? and go broke pre ? or what other lines we can take pre and post flop ?
  • 2 replies
    • Lasso
      Lasso
      Bronze
      villain looks like a station on the first view. really big gab between vpip and pfr. villain raised 5/55 hands so far preflop. thats a tight range. so his 3bet range will be most likely a little bit tighter. vs a 6% 3betting range ure slightly behind and on that baord almost exactly flipping.

u got 3 options preflop.

fold - too weak, ure oop but u get really great odds.
      call - sounds good, ure getting great odds though ure oop.
      raise - vs a range ure already behind to probably a bad idea.

point of views might be different here, but i think the only option here is to call. u need to call 35 cent into a 1.35 pot, thats almost 1:4 + he got the implieds on his stack which allows to call for set value here. since u need to call here at least (otherwise ur play would be -ev) u cant fold and raising would be definately overplayed. a high vpip doesnt indicate a weak 3betting range!

the flop is tough. things like timing tells might be interesting here. we dont get the odds to call postflop. so we can either raise or fold. one option of raising here is to just minraise his bet and see what hes doing. that would turn our hand into a bluff more or less. because if he shoves he most likely has it and we should better fold. with a shove we would isolate our hand vs his top range. and i dont even think a player like him is able to fold jacks on such a flop for example. so u only get ak/aq to fold.

since he has bet that much folding seems the only option here unfortunately. i would have played this just for set value and since we just missed a 9 postflop i think c/f is best here. so in the end its nice hand. the sample size is just not big enough as u mentioned before to make stats based decisions on that guy. maybe after another 300 hands hes playing 70/30, then things would be different. but for now we have to be cautious in these spots.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello noulispa,

Nah, overall I like your play. If he starts to 3bet a lot like that then we can adjust our range and maybe even at some point just 4bet for value with 99. But first I'd go rather with stronger range broke vs him. Nice hand!

Best Regards.