[NL2-NL10] Slow Played A Full House On The Flop

• cekpirus88
      Hi, usually I never (never) slow play my hands, only if I have a full house that usually never gives the opponent chance to improve. I guess i could have closed the hand on the flop or river, but why when I can maximize the winning? the villain can hold any A and push me all in at the river like A K , A Q A T and so on.. thanks

Poker Stars $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 7 players - View hand 1798074
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

tuco72 (MP): $8.22
      CeKpirus88 (CO): $4.57
      mazza74 (BTN): $4.93
      hivanoloco (SB): $1.94
      mikelitebike (BB): $0.39
      imran89 (UTG): $5.50
      dLe9192 (UTG+1): $5.65

Pre Flop: ($0.07) CeKpirus88 is CO with 9 :club: 9 :spade:
      imran89 calls $0.05, 2 folds, CeKpirus88 raises to $0.25, 3 folds, imran89 calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.57) A :heart: A :club: 9 :diamond: (2 players)
      imran89 checks, CeKpirus88 checks

Turn: ($0.57) 8 :diamond: (2 players)
      imran89 bets $0.10, CeKpirus88 calls $0.10

River: ($0.77) J :spade: (2 players)
      imran89 checks, CeKpirus88 bets $0.20, imran89 raises to $5.15, CeKpirus88 calls $4.02 all in

Final Pot: $9.21
      CeKpirus88 mucks 9 :club: 9 :spade:
      imran89 shows J :heart: J :diamond:
      imran89 wins $8.71
      (Rake: $0.50)
  • 2 replies
    • Lasso
      i would have cbetted the flop. most of players would never expect u to cbet an ace here and they will call any pocketpair, 9x sometimes even kx. so i cbet the flop and if the turns blanks i check behind to give villain the chance to bluff the river. because if u check the flop and the turn blanks and like in this case villain minbets the turn with like 55 he probably check/folds the river anyway, or mayber he bet/folds small again. and u would most likely have gotten more money from him by cbetting check turn (looking weak) and then raising the river.

expecially someone with his weak looking stack is imo able to easily call many weaker hands on the flop. sometimes eeven bluffraise such a flop because they just want to represent the ace and then u can just calldown and catch the bluff (obviously ship the river :P ).

i mean if he had a5 u wud have never posted this hand because u wud have thought well played probably. but sometimes ppl dont even go broke with a5 because they are scared on the river. its hard to stick to a gameplan in case u flop like the nuts. u can still do what u want, but i cbet these flops. especially aax flops i cbet with my whole range besides kk or qq sometimes. but thats a diff story. :)
    • veriz
      Hello cekpirus88,

Add to full stack. :P

No point to Check behind the flop, Bet it for value & build up the pot, we want to get maximum value from his hands than rather Check behind. Raising on the turn or whatsoever will look a lot stronger.

As played on the river most likely while haven't even invested much into the pot I see a lot of FH in his range or would you even assume that the guy is capable over-valuing his Ax hand here? Shove vs such a line I would assume he will end up more often with the nuts -> FH than just trips.

But with your line in long run you going to miss a lot value.

Best Regards.