[NL2-NL10] [MSS SH] KQs flat oop

• viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Does my play make sense?

Villain: 22/17 in 218 hands
      cb = 79% (14)

I flat pre flop since I'm ahead with KQs and I don't expect him to call me with a weaker hand if I 3b. So I didn't want to turn my hand into a bluff and just called pre flop (altough I'm oop).

On the flop I have nothing but 2 backdoors and overcads but I think he'll bluff this flop almost always against only 1 opponent.

So I decide to call and try a bluff on the turn or river. My idea is to check-raise the turn if I hit some draw (semi-bluff) or float the river if he checks behind on the Turn. If he fires again on the turn and I have nothing I'll just check/fold.

$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($15.79) 158bb
      CO ($10.25) 103bb
      BTN ($10.30) 103bb
      Hero (SB) ($4.55) 46bb
      BB ($10) 100bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) Hero is SB Q:club: K:club:
      1 fold, CO raises to $0.30, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.25, 1 fold

Flop: J:club: 4:spade: 3:heart: ($0.70, 2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.48, Hero calls $0.48

Turn: 7:diamond: ($1.66, 2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: Q:heart: ($1.66, 2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Final Pot: $1.66
      Hero shows
      Q:club: K:club:
      CO shows
      A:club: 9:club:

Hero wins $1.58 (net +$0.80)

CO lost $0.78
  • 4 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      You can see it is pretty hard to grind a solid profit every single time here if you call the Flop. You need to be relying on his loose barrel tendencies which you didn't wrote about. So I can't judge whether check/raise the Turn as a semibluff is maxEV, +EV , -EV or terribly spew :P

The Flop you can decide to check/raise and see how he reacts, if he barrels a lot or think you are uberweak when calling the Flop, you just open yourself up for losing more money

the River is a valuebet as you get there since I do not see people b/c/betting the River as a bluff often enough

Your range is also capped when calling preflop, you might be ahead but you are out of position and can't really check/raise TP blindly as when you get it in you are way behind. If they fold, you were ahead but only win a preflop raise& cBet

- Gerv
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Originally posted by Gerv
      You can see it is pretty hard to grind a solid profit every single time here if you call the Flop. You need to be relying on his loose barrel tendencies which you didn't wrote about. So I can't judge whether check/raise the Turn as a semibluff is maxEV, +EV , -EV or terribly spew :P

The Flop you can decide to check/raise and see how he reacts, if he barrels a lot or think you are uberweak when calling the Flop, you just open yourself up for losing more money

the River is a valuebet as you get there since I do not see people b/c/betting the River as a bluff often enough

Your range is also capped when calling preflop, you might be ahead but you are out of position and can't really check/raise TP blindly as when you get it in you are way behind. If they fold, you were ahead but only win a preflop raise& cBet

- Gerv
      Ok. So, in these cases, do you think it's better to turn my KQs into a bluff and 3bet him pre flop? (mainly when I'm oop) :)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I just don't like calling and making a habit out of it so you turn your hand face up in terms of range.

I mostly 3bet this & depending on his tendency justify it as a semi-bluff or for value

- Gerv
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Originally posted by Gerv
      I just don't like calling and making a habit out of it so you turn your hand face up in terms of range.

I mostly 3bet this & depending on his tendency justify it as a semi-bluff or for value

- Gerv
      :f_thumbsup: