[NL2-NL10] Hand Evaluation Coaching - Homework #39 17.06.12

• veriz
      Hello PokerStrategists,

as some of you may have heard that we have a homework in each of our No-Limit Hand Evaluation Coachings.

Here is the homework for the coaching from June 17th, please note:

• Everybody is invited to share his thoughts here regardless if you joined the last coaching or not.
      • Whoever is active in the homework threads can get a free database analysis by us which helps you to improve your game.

Find the hand below waiting for you opinions and analysis posted in this thread. Furthermore do not forget to join our next coaching on Sunday, June 24th at 1 PM GMT.

[quote]Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Replayer
      SB ($1.53)
      Hero ($5.77)
      UTG ($3.94)
      UTG+1 ($6.98)
      UTG+2 ($1.73)
      MP1 ($6.37)
      CO ($4)
      BTN ($3.95)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: A:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, CO raises to $0.12, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.36, CO calls $0.24

FLOP ($0.74) A:club: K:diamond: 3:diamond:

Hero bets $0.36, CO calls $0.36

TURN ($1.46) A:club: K:diamond: 3:diamond: 3:spade:

Hero checks, CO checks

RIVER ($1.46) A:club: K:diamond: 3:diamond: 3:spade: Q:spade:

[color=red]Hero bets $1.04, CO raises to $3.28 (AI), Hero ?
      Hi Villain´s stats: 18VPIP/10PFR/1.9AF/24WTS/352Hands[/quote]
  • 11 replies
    • filivy
      well you answerd already what you played bad :)

def.bigger flop bet

def.2barrel on this turn 3 is blank, he probably didnt improve with that card, unless he had set of 3's on flop and improved to poker, but that doesn't change anything

his 4bet stat is important, or some reads over ~350 hands, we don't know if he's calling 3bet IP with AK or he is 4betting (shoving)

as played I'm bet/calling on river, because from line and bet sizing you took he may raise with KQ, AT+
    • sileekhunt

I'm bored so I take a shot;

Hi Villain´s stats: 18VPIP/10PFR/1.9AF/24WTS/352Hands

I don't play full ring but I'm not sure if I like 3b a 10% raising range w AQo (poss with a suited AQ). Also we dont have a fold to 3b stat.....

As played I bet approx 2/3 on the flop, same on the turn.

On the river I bet half pot & fold to any heat. Reasons being that any of the premium pockets boated up, TJs got there (& a tight player might only flat with this board). I personally don't see a player like this being able to bluff worse.....I don't even think he would raise AK and possilbly not TJ. QQ makes sense.

I'm a bit weak tight.... :f_biggrin:
    • filivy
      @sileekhunt I think 3bet is here ok, he's on CO, and we don't have CO stats we have only overall stats, so he can open wide here.

he rarely have a full house in this spot, almost never

about TJ, I can see only 1 combination of TJ and it is TJdd, doubt he's calling with a gut shot on flop

so his range is here AT+,KQ(maybe KJ),TdJd, maybe AK - IMO
    • Holidej
      Preflop I would 3bet 1-2BB more since we play OOP, ~0.40$

Flop Ok, maybe little bigger, again ~0.40$

Turn Bet this. What if he had bet to you?

River As played bet/fold. On this board, against his calling range we are crushed.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      preflop - 3bet 4x, because 3bb openraise :)

Flop ok, cbet for value.

Turn - AK is in his range but KQ or AJ also might be in his range. And what hands could call on flop - QQ-99 probably should fold, so the ones call which has hit a pair or set. Probably its still not too bad to check for pot control.

River - he checked the turn, so probably not having AA, KK, AK. So on river he should have AQ, or QQ if he called QQ on flop. On the other hand - his raise is very strong, why should he do that with AQ. So maybe some slowplayed monster. I guess we can bet/fold river and save some money.
    • mrbeer9999
      More OTF, bet turn.

As played I'm folding river. He's unlikely to be bluffing and every non-bluff beats us except when we split AQ.
    • zoty79
      if i would play the hand again,i would 3bet 1 BB more, because i am out of position.
      At the Flop i would bet 2/3 instead 1/2 of the pot.I would bet 2/3 at the Turn.
      At River is a clear b/f.
    • toteatoo
      I think preflop 3bet is fine (his range is much wider than 10% on late position), but I would 3bet 10bb = $0.4

On flop I would bet 2/3 for protection and value from FD (A:diamond: x:diamond:) , weaker A or GS.
      Turn also 2/3 bet for protection, 3 is good card because pocket 33 is less probable
      River I would 1/2 bet/fold.
    • nadichka
      Preflop: 3bet for value

Flop: c-bet around 1/2 pot
      His range i may be something like: AJ-AK, KQ strange call with QQ or JJ ?(

Turn: Check, I think is good to keep worse hands.

River: Bet 1/3-1/2 pot / fold. He will call with AJ and KQ.
    • Streydan
      Pre: the 3-Bet should be okay, if we are new on the table it's good do be little bit more aggressive. With enough stats it's an easyer decision.

Flop: I would bet about 1/2, 1. (balancing) 2. We want calls from his KQ, AQ hands, I don't see many Draws in his range.

Turn: bet 1/2 for the same reasons.

River: Depending on his WTSD 24 I would check, depending on his River AF and betsize I would find a call or fold.
    • veriz
      Hello fellas,

Preflop: If we think that we are capable of 3betting for value then sure we could even do that but if the guy doesn't even pay with worse then there is no point to do it. Cause if we get 4bet we most likely have to fold our hand. Also the 3bet sizing should be a bit bigger being OOP, right now giving good odds to set-mine.

As playe
      Flop: I'd still Bet the flop bigger ~$0,50 cause if he has a hand he is willing to pay and if not he wont pay you much anyways.
      Turn: Although I'd still continue betting the turn as well for protection and value from worse. That was also the idea of 3betting preflop cause we assumed he is capable of calling with worse Ax hands.

As played
      River: Doubt that we are ever going to face a bluff here and he is raising for value with worse, it's a Bet/Fold rather than Call.

Best Regards.