[NL2-NL10] [MSS SH] folding set on the turn

• viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Villain is 84/3 in 38 hands.

Pre flop I think it's standard.

On the flop I make a big cbet to protect my hand and extract value from the calling.

I would push any turn other than a :diamond: . When he donks the 4th :diamond: I think I'm behind. I have 10 outs (1:3.7) and his push gives me about 1:3 pot odds. Is the fold the correct play here?

thx! :)

$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($18.42) 184bb
      Hero (UTG+1) ($4.18) 42bb
      CO ($10) 100bb
      BTN ($14.26) 143bb
      SB ($10.84) 108bb
      BB ($13.06) 131bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is UTG+1 J:club: J:spade:
      UTG calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.40, 3 folds, BB calls $0.30, UTG calls $0.30

Flop: J:diamond: 7:diamond: 6:diamond: ($1.25, 3 players)
      BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $1, BB folds, UTG calls $1

Turn: K:diamond: ($3.25, 2 players)
      UTG bets $3.25, Hero folds

Final Pot: $6.50

UTG wins $6.34 (net +$1.69)

Hero lost $1.40
      BB lost $0.40
  • 4 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey,

No preflop is not standard, why do you raise this small? You want the fish for yourself and get value, why dont you raise bigger to 60cent? You think he is gonna say ''Holy cow, this guy raises 20cent more than the amount I would call, guess I will fold and not see a flop'' ?

The Flop is fine and the Turn is a simple fold, props to him if he is bluffing but I do not think he is bluffing that often + your equity is pretty scarce since he pots it

- Gerv
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Hey,

No preflop is not standard, why do you raise this small? You want the fish for yourself and get value, why dont you raise bigger to 60cent? You think he is gonna say ''Holy cow, this guy raises 20cent more than the amount I would call, guess I will fold and not see a flop'' ?
      lol Ok. I usually raise 3bb + 1bb/limper in all cases but I'll pay more attention and raise bigger against the stations ;)

Should I raise this big against him with hands like KJ, QJ, 88, 77 too or only with premium hands since he's problably not paying attention to game balance?

thx!
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      This guy plays for fun so only the hands you want to extract extra value. I don't mind 77s if you can let him fold postflop and beyond. If he doesn't then smaller is better since u are only going to continue playing if you have a set so having multiple people in can increase your profitability
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Originally posted by Gerv
      This guy plays for fun so only the hands you want to extract extra value. I don't mind 77s if you can let him fold postflop and beyond. If he doesn't then smaller is better since u are only going to continue playing if you have a set so having multiple people in can increase your profitability
      :f_thumbsup: