Sebra
        7%
        Puschkin81
        3%
      Total: 30 Votes
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze

Last week the English community held two community tournaments - and saw some friendly admin rivarly. After going on to win last Sunday's Omaha tournament on top of collecting TribunCeasar's bounty one would think SoyCD would be satisfied. Yet this is clearly not the case, as he has now gone on to also challenge TribunCaesar on his own battlefield, NL. Looking to rebuild his reputation after the defeat in the last two community tournaments TribunCaesar accepted the challenge.

The admins have therefore decided to carry out the battle of tournament superiority over the course of coming Sundays in cooperation with the community. As of this weekend they will be hosting a format similar to one that already enjoys great popularity in the Dutch community: "Battle of the Donkeys"

For more information check the News: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/news/content/Tournaments-on-Sunday-Battle-of-the-Donkeys_06180

Team SoyCD

1) SoyCD - NittyNinja - Busted 9412
      2) Snodreliss - snodreliss - Busted 18136
      3) RMB - RMBrad - Busted 13682
      4) Kaitz20 - Kaitz20 - Busted 9195
      5) wendymiranda - elmander001 - Busted 7168

Team TribunCaesar

1)TribunCaesar - TribunCaesar
      2)gemgem69 - thekingfathe - Busted 20472
      3)robyroy - robyroy - Busted 16357
      4)tzveti - tzveticute - Busted 6436
      5)hova - onehova - Busted 15281

The Community Team

All members that are not in on the two official teams - yet signed up for the event are part of the "Community Team" and can move up to the Admin team next week if they place highly enough. Aside from buying in for the tournament themselves - users that do not have sufficient bank-roll to buy-in for the tournament - will also have the chance to get a spot in the community team via special back-deal tickets. These tickets will be given away via promotions and giveaways. Users that win these tickets can therefore also qualify for the admin teams even if they don't have the needed bankroll for playing $11 MTTs.

List of other Members Participating (Updated as Thread is posted in)

The Rebel Team
      Sebra - SebraOne
      Thorsten77 - Love-All-In
      undercover82 - ucthelegend
      Chenny8888 - hav0cLOL
      Dippy19 - Dippo777

Stefan1000 - flasher213
      BlackTempler - TKSBlacky
      Chiller3k - Chiller3k
      Cardbender420 - Mcezfx$$$
      finchybg - finchybg
      cannell555 - Stievro (Staked by SoyCD)
      p0kerQT - xangelxeyezx
      Vesolc - Vesolc_KSD
      swissmoumout - swissheep (Staked by SoyCD)
      xylere - xyl_676
      Puschkin81 - Puschkin81
      deuspluto - deuspluto
      kispeterg - ProdigleSon
      Unam
      srohack -nemavlad (Staked by TribunCaesar)
      damaincontender - popyocolla

Post in the Thread if you are planning on playing outside of one of the admin teams with your PokerStars account.
  • 279 replies
    • mudkip
      mudkip
      Bronze
      Good luck to both teams, and I hope there's plenty of trash talking and bragging! :)
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Nice to see this concept coming to english forum :)
    • Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      I don't have the bankroll to play 11$ MTT's. Please support me :D
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Is it possible to create other teams? Like having the rebels considered as a "real" team? :P
    • Sebra
      Sebra
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Timor83
      Do you need a player transfer, busto-kid?!
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      I dont really understand what motivation is given to the community to participate in these tournaments.
      This staking deal is absolutely horrible. Suppose someone who got staked wins 20k , he will have to give 10k$ because he received a 11$ buyin?
      If anything , you should cap it to like 100$ max.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      Originally posted by undercover82
      I dont really understand what motivation is given to the community to participate in these tournaments.
      This staking deal is absolutely horrible. Suppose someone who got staked wins 20k , he will have to give 10k$ because he received a 11$ buyin?
      the staking deals are usually 60/40 in favour of the staker, so 50/50 is actually already very generous.

especially when you consider make-up is 0$ (makeup = amount you have to pay back if you lose).
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      There is a difference between getting staked for WSOP (if you get staked there it means you probably cant afford it ) and getting staked for a 11$ tournament just because you wanna take part in a community activity but dont have money on that site.
      I dont have any benefit from this , i would obviously buyin myself if i participated , but this concept looks really wrong to me for high ITM finishes. Especially when the premise is "we are having an admin battle but we want the community to take part too".
    • gemgem69
      gemgem69
      Bronze
      I will buy in myself but what happens if someone does cash 20k. Can you see them giving half? whats to stop them scooting off and never coming back to this site.
    • Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      Forgot that you added your real data in the profile? They know who you are! >_> They will come after you! <_<

But yeah, I can see how it gets more and more painful the further you get ITM. Actually, any sum above $11 would already be too much in most people's eyes. They're not high rollers needing a stake for the WSOP Main Event like undercover82 pointed out, it's just a small tournament with a small buy-in. It is quite a difference if you win 2k and have to give back 1k for a $11 stake, or if you win 25k and have to give back 12.5k for a $10k stake if you have a WSOP ME money finish. The proportions are simply not balanced, and far from fair. :/

[EDIT]: meh, I just realized that my example is crappy. After all, a $2k finish in the Stars tourney isn't the same as a $25k in the WSOP ME. But still, I think you get my point. :P
    • hova
      hova
      Bronze
      @undercover82 all the members that are getting staked need to have a 100% ROI (winning at least twice the buy-in per tournament played) for the staking deal to be breakeven=0EV for the stakers, if they stake full buy-in for 50% share. Going down in % would make it hugely -ev.
      Cap would be interesting if someone finishes top 2, else I think the money should be split. Of course if I stake someone 100% buy-in, I'm not looking to win 10x the buy-in, especially if it's such a 11$ high-variance-structure tournament. From a long-run perspective I think it's fair to share 50% winnings even when final tabling, making it profitable for the Coaches to stake us.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Well there are a lot of members that cannot afford an 11$ buy-in - at least from a bankroll technical side. We are therefore giving them the chance to play without having to invest any money at all e.g. playing a free-roll with a large prize. For a beginning player it is therefore a chance to take part of a large tournament without any risk to his bankroll.

If players dont wan't to be staked - because they can afford the buy-in - or because they think it is -EV to them - they can tell us - and we will stake someone else instead of them.

Its not like we are forcing anyone to take these deals. We just want to have some fun - and not restrict participation in the event to players that have the bankroll to invest 11$ into an MTT
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by swissmoumout
      Is it possible to create other teams? Like having the rebels considered as a "real" team? :P
      If there is actually a team of 5 people that would like to comepte against the admin teams on a regular basis - out of sake of competition - I think we can evolve the concept :)
    • Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sebra
      Originally posted by Timor83
      Do you need a player transfer, busto-kid?!
      Nah, a money transfer will do. Not sure what I would do with some fancy dude on my bankroll, unless I was some human trafic mobster.
    • Vesolc
      Vesolc
      Bronze
      There is a difference between getting staked for WSOP (if you get staked there it means you probably cant afford it ) and getting staked for a 11$ tournament just because you wanna take part in a community activity but dont have money on that site.
      I dont have any benefit from this , i would obviously buyin myself if i participated , but this concept looks really wrong to me for high ITM finishes. Especially when the premise is "we are having an admin battle but we want the community to take part too".
      Agree with Undercover. One solution could be that after few weeks, admin divide i.e. 50% netprofit (if any) among 3 best players in the team. This could be extra motivation for whole team.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      if you look at hova's calculations, i really don't see how you could complain about the staking deals. no make-up, 50/50 split... wow...

stake me for the sunday million/warmup tourns :D ?
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      I'll play outside of the admin teams. Put me on the list :D

As far as stacking is concerned I'm willing to stack some diamond members for a 50-50 split :D
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dippy19
      I'll play outside of the admin teams. Put me on the list :D

As far as stacking is concerned I'm willing to stack some diamond members for a 50-50 split :D
      I was diamond for a while and will be again next month, do I count ? :) I don't have money on stars right now so it would be pretty useful
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      Damn, I'm away this sunday or I'd be applying. Great idea, gl to all.