[NL2-NL10] sniff at 10NL

• MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      Am I being too tight to fold this? The only hand that kind of made sense was he having a T. I wasnt sure if it was worth it to try to catch him bluffing :(

PokerStars - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

MP+1: $7.85
      CO: $8.12
      BTN: $7.20
      SB: $3.88
      Hero (BB): $10.53
      UTG: $10.00
      UTG+1: $4.00 38/6/50 (53)
      MP: $12.78

SB posts SB $0.05, Hero posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has 8:diamond: 5:heart:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.10, fold, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.10, fold, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.35, 3 players) 5:club: 5:spade: T:diamond:
      Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $0.30, fold, Hero calls $0.30

Turn: ($0.95, 2 players) 7:heart:
      Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $0.70, Hero raises to $1.40, UTG+1 calls $0.70

River: ($3.75, 2 players) T:spade: :f_mad:
      Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $1.20, fold

UTG+1 wins $3.58 :f_cry:
  • 6 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      quite a fml spot but i can't fold for the given odds. but of course if you call he'll show you T7o or whatever :f_biggrin:
      i think his range is something like KK+, random 5x, random Tx and random spaz? no idea on how that may be distributed :f_eek:

i'd probably just lead out all streets for pot though. :f_biggrin:
    • filivy
      filivy
      Basic
      first of all leading on the flop is the best option in these spots, but cheking is ok too if you are expecting to him bet wide range of hands

turn minraise is bad, generally minraise is bad thing to do, lets asume we minraise for bluff, in that case we don't have enough fold equity.Let's asume we are minraising for value, in that case we lose ton of value because there isn't much money in pot.

if you decide to check/call on flop, you kinda have to check/call turn, turn 7 is a blank card, so with a raise you're repping narrow range.
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Mmm that sucks... I'd probably donk out on all streets for value.

I think after c/r on the turn b/f might be better on the river. Also raise more on the turn. As played I'd call because I'm a station. But a passive player showing aggression in a limped pot should sound alarm bells!
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      Thanks guys for your feedback :f_love:

The min raise was a combination of : I wanted to induce more action without seemed too strong / his stack is on the small side, if he just calls I can shove river still under pot, or bet for value, etc. But yes, I may bew bigger raise would be better...

About donking: yep, I usually follow that line. However, with such a dry flop and two fishes behind who always take stabs I thought it could work check/calling, lol.

:f_confused:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello MisClick,

Flop: Should just lead out and start to build up the pot. :)

As played
      Turn: Check/Min-raise doesn't have a really good affect here, rather raise normally and I'd be even towards just betting after have Bet the flop. He isn't going to 3bet you in freeplay pot and which of course wouldn't make sense unless he has a stronger hand than you. Against his stack I'd even Check/Shove.

As played
      River: Not the best card but such a guy may even have missed draws in his range so I would most likely end up calling.

Best Regards.
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      rofl. I did every possible thing wrong :f_cool: