Filtering for SH tables

• DarthBobo
      DarthBobo
      Bronze
      Hi, I tried Elephant for the first time today.

I used to play FR but since 2 months I only play 6max tables.

When I looked at my winrate, it was different from the winrate in Pokertracker. I then found out that when I filter for 6max tables in Elephant, it also includes fullring tables where there are less than 7 players in the hand.

I'm sure this is the reason for the winrate being different from PT.

Is there a way (or WILL there be a way) to exclude those FR tables from my stats? It's not just the winrate that's different (I don't care much about that) but also handrange, PFR, and all other stats of course.
  • 8 replies
    • galam
      galam
      Bronze
      Thats a good point and i bring it up the devs.

Greets Sebastian
    • DarthBobo
      DarthBobo
      Bronze
      I remember that you had to manually divide hand history files into 6max and FR in Pokertracker. Perhaps there was a way to do it automatically, but I didn't know it.

This makes me believe that it's quite hard to know if a handhistory file is from a FR table or a 6max table. (I also had a brief look at the Titan XML history files).

Perhaps a way to do automatic detecting of table size is this:

A table always has a unique name at a pokersite. To detect how many seats a table has, quickly search the entire hand history for this table and find the maximum number of players that were on this table at a given time.

This way, if you play a decent number of hands at a table (e.g. 50) the result will always be the maximum amount of seats, and so you will know if this table is SH, FR or HU.
    • galam
      galam
      Bronze
      Well i talked to the devs and as you mentioned correctly we filter about player ranges and not about table types. There is actual no plan of changing that because is seems to be more reasonable to treat the filters like that.

Greets Sebastian
    • DarthBobo
      DarthBobo
      Bronze
      Everybody on this site starts with playing Fullring. As you go higher in limits, everybody has to switch to SH sooner or later.

So for the devs it is not a problem that as soon as one switches to SH, the stats are polluted with the stats from old fullring games, perhaps even from games over a year ago?!
    • DarthBobo
      DarthBobo
      Bronze
      A simpler way to implement it would be to make a menu that displays:
      The names of all the tables the user ever played on, from every poker site.

The user could then (IF HE WANTS) set the amount of seats for every table. This is a bit of work but only has to be done once (and also when you move up in limits or play at a new pokersite).
    • galam
      galam
      Bronze
      Well you can apply a date filter to filter out older hands. Thats an feature that may be included later on but thats not very high on our priority list.
    • DarthBobo
      DarthBobo
      Bronze
      The date filter didn't work for me in the overview tab. (0.49)

If that would work it would be a decent solution.
    • galam
      galam
      Bronze
      I hope that works in the next version but i can't promise anything ;)

Greets Sebastian