IPoker Network $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (UTG): $10.00
      MP: $13.13 - VPIP: 26, PFR: 13, 3B: 3, AF: 8.0, Hands: 286
      CO: $10.00 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 17, 3B: 3, AF: 2.5, Hands: 658
      BTN: $19.70 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 18, 3B: 8, AF: 2.2, Hands: 796
      SB: $16.34 - VPIP: 14, PFR: 11, 3B: 5, AF: 2.3, Hands: 728
      BB: $10.00 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 11, 3B: 6, AF: 2.0, Hands: 142

I didn't want to call oop. On the other hand Villain reps very few comb and on this dry flop he shouldn't raise with them. Is it overplayed?

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is UTG with A:spade: K:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.40, 1 fold, BB calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.25) 5:heart: 3:diamond: A:club: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.93, BTN raises to $2.80, BB folds, Hero raises to $9.60, BTN calls $6.80

Turn: ($20.45) 7:spade: (2 players)

River: ($20.45) 4:heart: (2 players)
  • 5 replies
    • Lasso
      Lasso
      Bronze
      nice hand, i agree with u here. i cant imagine why villain would raise a5,33,55,a3 on that dry flop. the straight draw is no danger, because anyone here barely has 2x or 4x in his range. so i like ur thoughts and play.
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      Unless I have a strong read on villain (he is on tilt over the last few hands, he makes that kind of move with draws/weak hands, or he could do that with KK/QQ etc.), I don't like to invest myself on flop so deep with only TPTK.
      I think he must be quite strong here re-raising like that v. 2 others when he didn't have the initiative and there is an A on board, so I mostly think his hand goes from 2 pair to set there, or some strong draw (unless 46, no other strong draw there).
    • Lasso
      Lasso
      Bronze
      i dont agree with u. i mean that flop is really nice. i would most likely cbet my whole range here because i just know they can only continue with ax or sets. and thats only a really small part of their range. with cardremoval effect they lose many of their ax hands because theres already an ace on the flop. and to be honest. hero most likely only goes broke here with ak. so u cant tell me its good to raise such a dry board vs 1 hand with only a few hand combinations left. thats not +ev. if hero and villain have big history with lvl thinking flop raising might be good sometimes, but i doubt this is the case here. i wud never ever get to the idea of raising my 33 or 55 here because if he has nothing he folds anyway and if he has ax i get it in on the turn/river anyway.
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      I would cbet, but I am not sure (unless I have strong reads) I would push v. his raise.

(sorry, I just noticed it is 6-max. I play FR so I might be too tight here...I would still find it hard, but then I am FR player)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello asimos,

3betting doesn't make sense on the flop, the guy isn't loose or anything so he will most likely just fold his bluffs and wont even continue with weaker hands. We should rather keep his range wide and Call the flop IF we want to continue.

Disagree as well here that I wouldn't assume he is raising with A5/A3, why not? He just tries to avoid some ugly overcards on the turn where he might even have to fold the hand. Nor I wouldn't exclude all sets here. Dependent on the opponent and our assumptions he can easily even raise with sets as well here cause raising turn would just more likely to read the hand while he wont have bluffs there.

You have on the guy 800 hands so you should have some kind of information on him, for example Check/Raise stat, raise CB stat, W$SD and as you see the guy is rather passive with his AF, so would he even bluff in this case? Would he ever even over-value his AQ type of hand? I doubt that. Gimme those stats and lets continue afterwards.

Best Regards.