MP: $13.50 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 8, 3B: 3, AF: 2.2, Hands: 172
      CO: $10.00 - VPIP: 17, PFR: 16, 3B: 6, AF: 10.8, Hands: 902
      Hero (BTN): $10.02
      SB: $10.00 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 17, 3B: 12, AF: 2.3, Hands: 186
      BB: $10.00 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 17, 3B: 3, AF: 2.5, Hands: 658
      UTG: $14.88 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 8, 3B: 3, AF: 2.2, Hands: 172

Is turn correct played?

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BTN with A:heart: A:spade:
      UTG raises to $0.30, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.20, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.90

Flop: ($2.55) T:club: 7:spade: 9:heart: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $2.00, UTG calls $2

Turn: ($6.55) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $3.00, UTG raises to $6, Hero folds
  • 6 replies
    • Lasso
      Lasso
      Bronze
      what range do you give villain here?

basically i like to check behind the turn, because a bet/fold is a -ev play in this spot. u almost invested 2/3 of ur stack after the bet on the turn and then u fold to his raise. check behind the turn for pot control. u dont get any better hands to fold and its hard to extract value from like tx hands or even jj-kk. u have to think about a gameplan on the turn in case u bet it. if u bet/fold here u basically bluffed here with ur aces. i would call some blanks on the turn if he doesnt bet too big.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello asimos,

I am not really folding here for 100BB, Bet/Broke on the turn, the guy may end up also with even just overpairs. Of course his min-raise looks super-strong but he made a mistake anyways if he went for set-mining preflop.

Best Regards.
    • Lasso
      Lasso
      Bronze
      hey veriz,

what range do u give villain that we have a proftable shove/call on the turn? i dont see any hand in his range that raises the turn that we actually beat. if he had hands like jj or at he would either raise the flop or just call the turn because the 6 shud scare him as well a bit. so i dont get u here. i think heros bet on the turn is horrible, especially a bet/fold.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Lasso
      hey veriz,

what range do u give villain that we have a proftable shove/call on the turn? i dont see any hand in his range that raises the turn that we actually beat. if he had hands like jj or at he would either raise the flop or just call the turn because the 6 shud scare him as well a bit. so i dont get u here. i think heros bet on the turn is horrible, especially a bet/fold.
      Well, what does he do with hands like JJ-KK here? Why would he want to Call? Also what's the purpose of Betting the turn in first place if you don't do it for value?
    • Lasso
      Lasso
      Bronze
      kk hes going to go broke preflop obviously. why wud he ever call kk, to a 4x raise preflop which looks strong, oop? i dont see villian holding kk here.

Board: 9:heart: T:club: 7:spade:  6:diamond:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      MP2    51.65%  48.35%   3.31% { AA }
      MP3    48.35%  45.04%   3.31% { KK-77 }

Equity     Win     Tie
      MP2    42.93%  39.90%   3.03% { AA }
      MP3    57.07%  54.04%   3.03% { QQ-77 }

Equity     Win     Tie
      MP2    29.22%  26.62%   2.60% { AA }
      MP3    70.78%  68.18%   2.60% { JJ-77 }

so u basically want to valuebet with 51% equity in best case? thats seems like a joke to me. and its really confident to see him holding kk here. i dont see any reasonable reason to not get it in preflop. and why wud qq and jj not raise the flop? he cant call for setvalue preflop because hesmissing the implieds. most players are weak and start to raise such a flop with jj and qq. i played many hands on nl10 and its rare to see ppl not going broke there with jj and qq.

especially jj. for jj there are many ugly turn card. q,k,a,6. i wudnt invest 1/3 of my chips and give hero a free card on the turn to improve for free on the river. and why wud jj and qq raise that ugly turn but not that gread flop? do u really think ppl turn their hands into a bluff in that spot? even fishes, and he isnt really a big one, are not going to turn their hand in a bluff. they wud most likely raise the flop or even donk it.

then again why wud they do it with a set here. ok thats a point where his whole range gets polarised to most like 8x imo and the only reasonable hand that wud exactly play like this is 88. but to get back to raise turn but not the flop. ppl wudnt raise the flop with a set, because they think its too strong and dont wanna make hero fold. so they will most likely call the flop and raise the turn. but with jj and qq they will more likely call flop and call turn or raise flop, but i dont see jj and qq minraising the turn.

Originally posted by veriz
      Also what's the purpose of Betting the turn in first place if you don't do it for value?
      so in that spot u think bet/broke > check behind for pot control. i dont see the valuebet here. what makes us the big favourite to have a clear valuebet. why dont u think a check behind is better here? i seriously cant follow u on that hand. it just doesnt make sense to bet/broke the turn. hero invested 1/3 of his stacks, so he can easily get away from the hand if villain shows strength. bet/broke is not a good play here. even if u say oh theres so much dead money, we never get it in as favorite and especially on a limit like nl10 i think we shud avoid those close spots because we end up giving away too much of our edge here.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, you got yourself into the spot where I wanted to see you. Check behind should be the line on the turn and reevaluate the river. He isn't betting river with worse most likely while worse PPs would turn their hand into bluff.

The given equities you give we can not fold, we would need only ~20% equity. :) Which means if we Bet the turn = go broke, if we want to play this way as Bet/Fold then rather Check behind cause Bet/Fold would be even mistake vs such equities.