This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [MSS SH] Set I

• viccini
      viccini
      Global
      I hit the set 4 times today and played all of them the same way (xc F / db T / db R) but maybe I should've played some of them differently.

I'll post them as set I, II, III and IV. This is the first one:

Villain is 52/5 in 567 hands.

He raises pre flop and I call for set minning. He's a station so I think he's got strong hands most of the time and my implied odds should be fine.

On the flop I'm not worried about the flushdraw since the A :diamond: is on the board and I think he wouldn't raise K :diamond: Q :diamond: pre flop many times. So I just call the cbet.

On the turn I donk bet so he can't check-behind and try to control the pot.

He calls the donk bet on the turn so I push the river for value, mainly from AK and AQ.

Was it well played? thx! :)

$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($32.64) 326bb
      UTG+1 ($10.92) 109bb
      CO ($10.38) 104bb
      BTN ($17.12) 171bb
      Hero (SB) ($4.05) 41bb
      BB ($10.16) 102bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is SB 9:heart: 9:club:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.30, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.25, 1 fold

Flop: 4:heart: A:diamond: 9:diamond: ($0.70, 2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

Turn: 6:spade: ($1.50, 2 players)
      Hero bets $1, CO calls $1

River: 9:spade: ($3.50, 2 players)
      Hero goes all-in $2.35, CO calls $2.35

Final Pot: $8.20
      Hero shows
      9:heart: 9:club:
      CO shows
      Q:club: A:heart:

Hero wins $7.79 (net +$3.74)

CO lost $4.05
  • 4 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      This guy is never folding Ax unless the third hits (=action killers) so I just check/raise the Flop & bet/bet

Alternatively if he is starting to check back the Flop , you just have to lead. I do not like check/call lead as you want to end the hand asap

- Gerv
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Originally posted by Gerv
      This guy is never folding Ax unless the third hits (=action killers) so I just check/raise the Flop & bet/bet

Alternatively if he is starting to check back the Flop , you just have to lead. I do not like check/call lead as you want to end the hand asap

- Gerv
      Ok. I hadn't think about the 3d :diamond: scaring him. But in the other hand woudn't I make him fold hands like KK an QQ with a xr? Maybe he calls me lighter with those kind of hands if I just xc Flop and lead Turn. Does it make sense?

thx! :f_grin:
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Maybe you get like 0.5 streets of value more from QQ/KK (12 combos???) ? I just want to get fat value from all Ax he has before it is too late (>>12 combos)

Also you give him straight out the odds (because you are often betting the River) to draw to his Flushdraw. He gets 2.5(+$2.35==your Rivershove):1 = 4.8:1

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Maybe you get like 0.5 streets of value more from QQ/KK (12 combos???) ? I just want to get fat value from all Ax he has before it is too late (>>12 combos)

Also you give him straight out the odds (because you are often betting the River) to draw to his Flushdraw. He gets 2.5(+$2.35==your Rivershove):1 = 4.8:1

Best regards,
      Gerv
      :f_thumbsup: