[NL2-NL10] [MSS SH] Set I

• viccini
      viccini
      Global
      I hit the set 4 times today and played all of them the same way (xc F / db T / db R) but maybe I should've played some of them differently.

I'll post them as set I, II, III and IV. This is the first one:

Villain is 52/5 in 567 hands.

He raises pre flop and I call for set minning. He's a station so I think he's got strong hands most of the time and my implied odds should be fine.

On the flop I'm not worried about the flushdraw since the A :diamond: is on the board and I think he wouldn't raise K :diamond: Q :diamond: pre flop many times. So I just call the cbet.

On the turn I donk bet so he can't check-behind and try to control the pot.

He calls the donk bet on the turn so I push the river for value, mainly from AK and AQ.

Was it well played? thx! :)

$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($32.64) 326bb
      UTG+1 ($10.92) 109bb
      CO ($10.38) 104bb
      BTN ($17.12) 171bb
      Hero (SB) ($4.05) 41bb
      BB ($10.16) 102bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is SB 9:heart: 9:club:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.30, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.25, 1 fold

Flop: 4:heart: A:diamond: 9:diamond: ($0.70, 2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

Turn: 6:spade: ($1.50, 2 players)
      Hero bets $1, CO calls $1

River: 9:spade: ($3.50, 2 players)
      Hero goes all-in $2.35, CO calls $2.35

Final Pot: $8.20
      Hero shows
      9:heart: 9:club:
      CO shows
      Q:club: A:heart:

Hero wins $7.79 (net +$3.74)

CO lost $4.05
  • 4 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      This guy is never folding Ax unless the third hits (=action killers) so I just check/raise the Flop & bet/bet

Alternatively if he is starting to check back the Flop , you just have to lead. I do not like check/call lead as you want to end the hand asap

- Gerv
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Originally posted by Gerv
      This guy is never folding Ax unless the third hits (=action killers) so I just check/raise the Flop & bet/bet

Alternatively if he is starting to check back the Flop , you just have to lead. I do not like check/call lead as you want to end the hand asap

- Gerv
      Ok. I hadn't think about the 3d :diamond: scaring him. But in the other hand woudn't I make him fold hands like KK an QQ with a xr? Maybe he calls me lighter with those kind of hands if I just xc Flop and lead Turn. Does it make sense?

thx! :f_grin:
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Maybe you get like 0.5 streets of value more from QQ/KK (12 combos???) ? I just want to get fat value from all Ax he has before it is too late (>>12 combos)

Also you give him straight out the odds (because you are often betting the River) to draw to his Flushdraw. He gets 2.5(+$2.35==your Rivershove):1 = 4.8:1

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Maybe you get like 0.5 streets of value more from QQ/KK (12 combos???) ? I just want to get fat value from all Ax he has before it is too late (>>12 combos)

Also you give him straight out the odds (because you are often betting the River) to draw to his Flushdraw. He gets 2.5(+$2.35==your Rivershove):1 = 4.8:1

Best regards,
      Gerv
      :f_thumbsup: