[NL2-NL10] [MSS SH] set II

• viccini
      viccini
      Global
      CO is 28/25 in 120 hands
      BU is 19/13 in 264 hands

Maybe I should have squeezed pre flop instead of calling for set minning. I think I might have fold equity enough against these opponents.

On the flop I hit the set again and he cbets against 2 opponents on a drawy board. I think he might have something when he decides to cbet this board altought he's cbet is 88% so far (17 samples).

I just call the cbet and the turn brings another J. Maybe it's not a good card since it can create more fold equity when I donk bet but I didn't want to let him to check behind the turn. Should I have played this hand differently (assuming I call pre flop)?

thx!

$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($10) 100bb
      UTG+1 ($5.21) 52bb
      CO ($13.08) 131bb
      BTN ($12.05) 121bb
      SB ($10) 100bb
      Hero (BB) ($5.50) 55bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is BB 2:heart: 2:club:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.26, BTN calls $0.26, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.16

Flop: 10:heart: J:club: 2:spade: ($0.83, 3 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.40, BTN folds, Hero calls $0.40

Turn: J:heart: ($1.63, 2 players)
      Hero bets $1, CO folds

Final Pot: $2.63

Hero wins $2.55 (net +$0.89)

CO lost $0.66
      BTN lost $0.26
  • 2 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi,

This is a slamdunk squeeze as the EV is far better because you get EV from folding, him calling & u hit, him calling & he folds. Now it is EV from hitting the set AND getting paid off. Against loose ranges, that can be pretty hard

I would mostly check/raise or lead the Flop. JTx either hits them superhard that they won't fold or you dont get any value at all on later streets (as u can see here)

I only like leading when they are super passive and callingstationish. OR if they spewraise vs your lead

As played you just have to check/raise here because you have to give him the opportunity to bluff at you. Jx is going to get it in anyway regardless what you do

- Gerv
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Hi,

This is a slamdunk squeeze as the EV is far better because you get EV from folding, him calling & u hit, him calling & he folds. Now it is EV from hitting the set AND getting paid off. Against loose ranges, that can be pretty hard

I would mostly check/raise or lead the Flop. JTx either hits them superhard that they won't fold or you dont get any value at all on later streets (as u can see here)

I only like leading when they are super passive and callingstationish. OR if they spewraise vs your lead

As played you just have to check/raise here because you have to give him the opportunity to bluff at you. Jx is going to get it in anyway regardless what you do

- Gerv
      :f_thumbsup: