This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [MSS SH] set II

• viccini
      viccini
      Global
      CO is 28/25 in 120 hands
      BU is 19/13 in 264 hands

Maybe I should have squeezed pre flop instead of calling for set minning. I think I might have fold equity enough against these opponents.

On the flop I hit the set again and he cbets against 2 opponents on a drawy board. I think he might have something when he decides to cbet this board altought he's cbet is 88% so far (17 samples).

I just call the cbet and the turn brings another J. Maybe it's not a good card since it can create more fold equity when I donk bet but I didn't want to let him to check behind the turn. Should I have played this hand differently (assuming I call pre flop)?

thx!

$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($10) 100bb
      UTG+1 ($5.21) 52bb
      CO ($13.08) 131bb
      BTN ($12.05) 121bb
      SB ($10) 100bb
      Hero (BB) ($5.50) 55bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is BB 2:heart: 2:club:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.26, BTN calls $0.26, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.16

Flop: 10:heart: J:club: 2:spade: ($0.83, 3 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.40, BTN folds, Hero calls $0.40

Turn: J:heart: ($1.63, 2 players)
      Hero bets $1, CO folds

Final Pot: $2.63

Hero wins $2.55 (net +$0.89)

CO lost $0.66
      BTN lost $0.26
  • 2 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi,

This is a slamdunk squeeze as the EV is far better because you get EV from folding, him calling & u hit, him calling & he folds. Now it is EV from hitting the set AND getting paid off. Against loose ranges, that can be pretty hard

I would mostly check/raise or lead the Flop. JTx either hits them superhard that they won't fold or you dont get any value at all on later streets (as u can see here)

I only like leading when they are super passive and callingstationish. OR if they spewraise vs your lead

As played you just have to check/raise here because you have to give him the opportunity to bluff at you. Jx is going to get it in anyway regardless what you do

- Gerv
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Hi,

This is a slamdunk squeeze as the EV is far better because you get EV from folding, him calling & u hit, him calling & he folds. Now it is EV from hitting the set AND getting paid off. Against loose ranges, that can be pretty hard

I would mostly check/raise or lead the Flop. JTx either hits them superhard that they won't fold or you dont get any value at all on later streets (as u can see here)

I only like leading when they are super passive and callingstationish. OR if they spewraise vs your lead

As played you just have to check/raise here because you have to give him the opportunity to bluff at you. Jx is going to get it in anyway regardless what you do

- Gerv
      :f_thumbsup: