[NL2-NL10] [MSS SH] set III

• viccini
      viccini
      Global
      villain is 33/26 in 231 hands. Fold to 3b is 62% (13).

I don't like to 3bet this kind of opponent pre flop since I don't think I have fold equity enough. He's very agressive so my implied odds are not that good but the pot odds are better than in the other examples so it might be +EV. :f_biggrin:

I xc the flop again and donk bet the turn for value and protection since a 4th :club: on the river should be a problem. Was it well played?

ty! :)
      $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      4 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      CO ($11.08) 111bb
      BTN ($19.08) 191bb
      Hero (SB) ($5.92) 59bb
      BB ($7.86) 79bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 4 players) Hero is SB 3:diamond: 3:spade:
      CO raises to $0.26, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.21, 1 fold

Flop: J:spade: 6:club: 3:club: ($0.62, 2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.46, Hero calls $0.46

Turn: 8:club: ($1.54, 2 players)
      Hero bets $1.10, CO folds

Final Pot: $2.64

Hero wins $2.57 (net +$0.75)

CO lost $0.72
  • 6 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      What are you going to do on the Turn when he raises you?
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Originally posted by Gerv
      What are you going to do on the Turn when he raises you?
      lol feel very unconfortable and problably fold my monster cause of the flush possibility... :f_frown:

Then I should either xr or db flop , right? :f_grin:

thx!
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      About preflop; you should know that at some point it becomes +EV to 3bet him with any two cards, I think you are finding this spot to justify it with 33s. I think it is already +EV to 3bet bluff with 33 even if you do not reach this point. Sometimes he simply folds because your image is solid, sometimes he looks at your stats and sees something nitty so he will fold often than versus a maniac

If he generally barrels a lot, you have to make uncomfortable check/raise bluffs because you simply cannot generate income by just setmining as his range is rather wide

I just check/raise this Flop & see how he reacts , if he snapfolds, you can put more pressure on him right there but for starters I do not call preflop as I said before

- Gerv
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      About preflop; you should know that at some point it becomes +EV to 3bet him with any two cards, I think you are finding this spot to justify it with 33s. I think it is already +EV to 3bet bluff with 33 even if you do not reach this point. Sometimes he simply folds because your image is solid, sometimes he looks at your stats and sees something nitty so he will fold often than versus a maniac
      :f_thumbsup: I'll make some calculations about it so I can find these situations more often.

If he generally barrels a lot, you have to make uncomfortable check/raise bluffs because you simply cannot generate income by just setmining as his range is rather wide
      You mean on the Turn when I don't hit the set?

I just check/raise this Flop & see how he reacts , if he snapfolds, you can put more pressure on him right there but for starters I do not call preflop as I said before

- Gerv
      :f_thumbsup:
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze

[/quote]Ofcourse when we do not hit a set. When we hit a set, life becomes supereasy suddenly ;) :f_cool:
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global

Ofcourse when we do not hit a set. When we hit a set, life becomes supereasy suddenly ;) :f_cool:
      lol ok! thx! :f_biggrin: