This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [MSS SH] set IV

• viccini
      viccini
      Global
      This was the 4th time I hit the set in a 1h session today :f_p:

This one is a bit different since I was the pre flop raiser.

Villain is 44/31/2.0/30 in 121 hands.

I cbet for bluff and get called.

My intention on the turn was to check/fold but I hit the set again. :f_biggrin:

He donk bets and I didn't know what to do. I usually have something strong when I xc flop and db turn so I though he might have something stronger than my set. Know I see the only stronger hand he could have was 99.

If I was MSS on this hand I could call and go all in on the river but with a bigger stack should I raise the turn for value and protection from the flushdraw?

He checks the river so I bet 1/2 pot for value. And what if I get raised on the river? Should I fold the set? I think it's not common at this limit but when I get raised I'm problably against a flush, right?

tyvm!

$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($30.87) 309bb
      CO ($1.85) 19bb
      Hero (BTN) ($10.10) 101bb
      SB ($10.32) 103bb
      BB ($9.85) 99bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) Hero is BTN 4:spade: 4:heart:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.26, SB calls $0.21, 1 fold

Flop: 2:club: J:spade: 9:diamond: ($0.62, 2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.30, SB calls $0.30

Turn: 4:diamond: ($1.22, 2 players)
      SB bets $0.91, Hero calls $0.91

River: 7:diamond: ($3.04, 2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.50, SB calls $1.50

Final Pot: $6.04
      SB shows
      K:club: J:diamond:
      Hero shows
      4:spade: 4:heart:

Hero wins $5.74 (net +$2.77)

SB lost $2.97
  • 2 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi,

Raising the Turn is the only option you have. You get value from flush-, straightdraws & can potentially make the pot bigger for you to win versus Toppair. If he has 99 that's a cooler, you shouldn't care about that in NLHE. That's like 6 combo's versus >50 of other hands you have totally owned at the moment

Now you just earned $2.77 instead of potential $10, a ''loss'' of $7.23 as raising to $2.7 on the Turn at the very least makes it able for you to get your whole stack in versus his KJ

- Gerv
    • viccini
      viccini
      Global
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Hi,

Raising the Turn is the only option you have. You get value from flush-, straightdraws & can potentially make the pot bigger for you to win versus Toppair. If he has 99 that's a cooler, you shouldn't care about that in NLHE. That's like 6 combo's versus >50 of other hands you have totally owned at the moment

Now you just earned $2.77 instead of potential $10, a ''loss'' of $7.23 as raising to $2.7 on the Turn at the very least makes it able for you to get your whole stack in versus his KJ

- Gerv
      :f_thumbsup: thx!