self exclude problem

• cathal08
      cathal08
      Bronze
      hi everyone,
      I've been apart of pokerstrategy for a while but dont post very much
      anyway my problem is that i used to have a poker account on pokerstars which is now closed due to the fact that my mother self excluded my account because she taught that i was playing poker and she wanted me focused on college(shes real pushy about college) and im trying to explain to pokerstars that it wasn't me
      sure when i played poker at stars and full tilt the max i would deposit was around 20 dollars every 2 weeks haha i know they take self exclusion very serious any way i could get it open?
      thanks in advance
  • 24 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hello there cathal08,

I think you may find it difficult but the only advice I can give is to try Poker Stars customer support again and see what happens.

If you have no result there, we have many other rooms you can join through us and be tracked. See the link below for details:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/online-poker-rooms/

Meanwhile let us know what happens won't you?

Regards,

Mal.
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      If it was life time exclude there is no way to get it back unfortunately as they can get in legal trouble if they did.
    • Tunatic
      Tunatic
      Bronze
      Trust me, you're never getting that account back.

I can assure you, I've sent them several E-mails about this same issue on several different occasions, and they made it completely clear, they never re-open an account that was self-excluded.

You may find this a bit depressing at first, just as I did, but trust me, other sites have enough traffic and enough various games to find whatever suits your needs. There's loads of other poker sites out there, try them.
    • cathal08
      cathal08
      Bronze
      thanks for all your replies i doubt myself ill get it open but it wouldnt of bothered me except full tilt is gone which room would u recommened thanks
    • sridneel
      sridneel
      Bronze
      so if they cannot re-open a closed acc. , do they allow u to create a new acc.?
    • cathal08
      cathal08
      Bronze
      no i dont think so im still in email discussions with them ill let everyone know how it works out!
    • Tunatic
      Tunatic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sridneel
      so if they cannot re-open a closed acc. , do they allow u to create a new acc.?
      Of course not, silly boy. What would be the point, then? The name you have registered on your self-excluded PokerStars account is banned in the system, and if you create another account under the same name, the system should automatically detect your multi-account and prevent you from even depositing into the poker room. Trust me, I've been there, too.

And what I least suggest you, is creating another account under false credentials. That is if you are going to play for real money. Because you won't be getting it back, once you deposit it.
    • cathal08
      cathal08
      Bronze
      were do u play tunatic?
    • sridneel
      sridneel
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tunatic
      Of course not, silly boy. What would be the point, then? The name you have registered on your self-excluded PokerStars account is banned in the system, and if you create another account under the same name, the system should automatically detect your multi-account and prevent you from even depositing into the poker room. Trust me, I've been there, too.

And what I least suggest you, is creating another account under false credentials. That is if you are going to play for real money. Because you won't be getting it back, once you deposit it.
      that sucks man...what if at some point in the future u regret ur decition and want to get ur acc. back badly!
    • sridneel
      sridneel
      Bronze
      i guess the only option if u really want to play is to create an acc. on ur family members or some friends name who have valid ID proofs...
    • cathal08
      cathal08
      Bronze
      na id like in my name thanks anyway
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hey cathal08,

If things don't work out, you can post a question a out choosing the right poker room for you here:

Choosing the right Poker Room for you!

Good luck,

Mal.
    • cathal08
      cathal08
      Bronze
      thanks for all the replies uses have been so helpful
    • Vip3rNZ
      Vip3rNZ
      Silver
      Hey everyone, just wanted to drop by and add my $0.02 :D

I think this is really stupid, why would they allow someone to have the power to completely ban them self from pokerstars for life and never to be undone?

They kind of shoot them self in the foot a little, because then if the person does decide they are going to play poker again, self-exclude or no self-exclude, it's not going to be stars who get their rake.

If they are going to trust someone with their own well being and give them the chance to stop their account, they should give a way to undo this, even if it requires a year wait or something similar, this way it's still no joke, and one would not do this without thinking it through but lifetime is a long time to be banned!

Sorry my post is of no real help, maybe a little morel support! :D Hope u find a room you can enjoy playing poker on! :D
    • Tunatic
      Tunatic
      Bronze
      @sridnee I agree completely, it seems extremely silly to me. I have also had my account self-excluded, not by myself, but by my "friends" when I left the PC on and was logged on to PokerStars at the same time. I guess they didn't know I loved playing there, and just messed around a bit. Epic.

After explaining the situation, even 1 year later, they clearly stated the account will NEVER be re-opened and will stay permanently blocked.

By the way, at the moment, I'm playing at Poker770, but I've also liked 888 and OnGame Network.
    • cathal08
      cathal08
      Bronze
      ye they should have a self include lol jk
      tunatic i dont like poker770 as i signed up and got 7.70 free of them and i noticed the site is one of the worst ipoker skins their cs is horrible,also cashout to moneybookers took 11 days and a series of emails thanks
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Afaik the longest you can self-exlude yourself on pokerstars is 180 days. Im not sure how you guys got yourself a lifetime exlusion unless you directly contacted support.
    • cathal08
      cathal08
      Bronze
      i dunno i didn't do it my ma sent them an email i think i WANT FULL TILT BACK haha
    • sridneel
      sridneel
      Bronze
      http://www.pokerstars.com/about/responsible-gaming/