Are the big one robbing the small once???

• HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      First of all Croatia TY for everything you ve done. We are proud how you guys fought the world and european champions!!
      If we talk in the bussiness world this is already a well known truth but again in football?
      OK, now against Croatia wasnt conceded 2 penalties as every referee(even the Spanish one) confirmed. If Croatia would have scored from one of them Spanien would be on the edge of elimination.
      Well now back to yesterday where Germany -Denmark. At the time the result was 1-1 10min before ending officially confirmed by referees there had to be given a penalty for the Danish because Badstuber held Bendtner on his shirt. Now given that Portugal-Netherlands was 2-1 which would mean that if that ref would have shown a penalty and Denmark had scored it the Big Germany would be out. The same above with Croatia.
      Croatia got 6 yellow cards, Spain 0. From what our official referee explaind Denmark was also treated pretty bad from the refs.
      I guess this one of the things that always teached me as a kind:''If you wanna beat the big ones you have to beat also the referee!''
  • 6 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Didn't see this - but if you want to see terrible refereeing then watch the Ireland-Italy game. The Italians should be ashamed of themselves.

I've never trusted FIFA especially with Blatter at the helm. But I guess these things happen and such is life.

I feel your pain Croatia :(
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Yeah I do believe that small countries can feel the best and as well the great fans from Ireland. As our people said they were the best fans and when they where start singing against Spain even they were losing 4:0 I was simply impressed. Small country but more respect then other big once. Here in Croatia most people like Ireland and the Irish people.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Trust me, we feel the same :)

Was hoping Croatia would get a result vs Spain but I was disappointed with their tactics. They needed more than a point but they never really tried :( Italy were always going to score against Ireland so I think Bilic took a huge risk in the way he set Croatia up against Spain.

Yes - our fans were terrific. It was some achievement for us to get there and we knew with our limited team that we were going to be the first team home! But they enjoyed it :)
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Yeah he did but he had to! Guess it is sometimes this way! Even I dont believe in luck, but sometimes really proves me wrong. I learned from poker that you can always do things better and what sometimes seem like luck can be improved. I think it was also the case here but no again I wont start complaining and take as you guys did:''Most important thing is to be a part of it!''

P.S.We can know add also Ukraine to the ''small' countries that have been robbed
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sikac
      Yeah he did but he had to! Guess it is sometimes this way! Even I dont believe in luck, but sometimes really proves me wrong. I learned from poker that you can always do things better and what sometimes seem like luck can be improved. I think it was also the case here but no again I wont start complaining and take as you guys did:''Most important thing is to be a part of it!''

P.S.We can know add also Ukraine to the ''small' countries that have been robbed
      Don't think he had to in all fairness. Croatia have a lot of technically gifted players. A lot more than Ireland for sure. True - Spain are awesome but I think Bilic showed them too much respect. So to beat them you're going to have to outscore them! Placing 10 men behind the ball is never going to work and I feel Croatia had a chance if they played the right tactics.

Yeah, I feel badly for Ukraine. They were a lot better than England over the 90 minutes are were robbed of a clear goal. Had it been given who knows how the game would have ended.

When there is football though - there will always be controversy!
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Originally posted by Sikac

Don't think he had to in all fairness. Croatia have a lot of technically gifted players. A lot more than Ireland for sure. True - Spain are awesome but I think Bilic showed them too much respect. So to beat them you're going to have to outscore them! Placing 10 men behind the ball is never going to work and I feel Croatia had a chance if they played the right tactics.

Yeah, I feel badly for Ukraine. They were a lot better than England over the 90 minutes are were robbed of a clear goal. Had it been given who knows how the game would have ended.

When there is football though - there will always be controversy!
      As you see now after France how good we where in defending and how even France took the same strategy. I dont think that Bilic made a mistake against Spain because (it is going to funny to see Portugal running after the ball) there is team who will dominate them in the most elemental football element category ball possesion and passing. We knew that they were gonna dictate the game because there is no other way and we knew we wont have that many chances. We got them but didnt score :(
      I think we missed our chance against Italy. IMO this was the key match but didnt went as I hoped. It is interesting to see what tactics is going to pick Portugal. Would really love to see a new tactic against Spain