HM2 Stat exploiting regs

• Vip3rNZ
      Vip3rNZ
      Silver
      Ok, so i've been thinking of doing this for some time now that i have a fairly decent database of hands.

Would it be a good idea to go to my HM go to the opponents tab, search everyone i've played 500+ hands with in the stakes i'm currently playing which is 5NL and then do things like

Mark people who have 90%+ flop cbet and less then 20% turn cbet as good people to float against? mabey i could call them with suited connectors and suited broadways ect inorder to call their flop cbet and then hope they check fold on the turn?

would this be a good idea?

If so I know this example i gave might not be very good but does anyone have any ideas for good ways to do this? i really need to start learning to exploit regs, it's hard to play alot of tables + and not have alot of regs around you all the time!
  • 22 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Vip3rNZ
      Mark people who have 90%+ flop cbet and less then 20% turn cbet as good people to float against? mabey i could call them with suited connectors and suited broadways ect inorder to call their flop cbet and then hope they check fold on the turn?
      i just do this at realtime... :P

what you may want to do is to look for all their hands that went to showdown and try to infer some conclusions (ie something like "donk strongly with flopped set" or "nuts on river bet low to induce")
      still that's not something really necessary "at our limits". i've only done that for like 3 regs that i really felt that were soul owning me...
    • Vip3rNZ
      Vip3rNZ
      Silver
      Maby it's just because i've droped 10 stacks in the last 10k hands over the last 2 days! It's doing my head in haha

I still think it's really going to be +EV for me to do this as i have like 100+ people on nl5 with 500+ hands and alot with even more then 1k and 2k hands.

Thanks for the tips tho i'm goign to do that now while i think of ways to exploit people haha.

So far I have thought of puting a note on everyone who's folding to 3bet 90-100% and then 3beting them lighter as a bluff. This could help?
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      playing on stars right? you could use color coding :f_biggrin:

the only coding i use though is "reg", "midstack reg", "nit", "huge fish", "fish", "spotted with <90bb stack", "spotted with <40bb stack" :f_biggrin: (because it's obviously proven that people without a full stack tend to use random bs lines, overplay top pair, etc more often)
      everything else is on hud/popup but i don't play that many tables :P
    • Vip3rNZ
      Vip3rNZ
      Silver
      yeah I'm playnig on stars, so far the only color coding i have is from before i had a hud and was playing 6 or less tables i usto color code everyone who was playing only 1 table as red normally these were the fish

Everyone playing alot of tables was yellow they were multi tablers, normally regs

and everyone who hides from search was blue, these were normally regs

but i guess none of these are of any help to me anymore so i need to start using some new ones, probly none of the colours i used already too because otherwise someone random comes along with color from before now i mite play wrong haha
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black

Or you could just put flop and turn c-bet on your hud. Saves a lot of time. And just because of a 20% turn c-bet the opponent isn't always good to float against. When someone is only cbetting turn 20% it is VERY likely that he has a decent check/call range on the turn, maybe even c/r range.
    • SryImNoob
      SryImNoob
      Bronze
      Nl5 + huge pools of players (stars) = no need to analyse the ''regs"

Value value value...
    • Vip3rNZ
      Vip3rNZ
      Silver
      Yeah i have both of thsoe on my hud, that was just an example, i really need to find the more common exploits on NEWISH players?

Also I have another question, at this limit, is there ever a time i should fold KK preflop?

Just seems like every time I have AA i get no action preflop, every time I have KK and get action preflop, its AA.

Just droped 200BB stack KK vs AA all in preflop. Fuck life.
    • Vip3rNZ
      Vip3rNZ
      Silver
      Originally posted by SryImNoob
      Nl5 + huge pools of players (stars) = no need to analyse the ''regs"

Value value value...
      I dont get what you mean by value value value......?

What do you think i could be doing wrong to do with value?

Scaring off smaller hands?
    • ferdy81
      ferdy81
      Bronze
      Bluff less, value bet more ;)
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Yeah i have both of thsoe on my hud, that was just an example, i really need to find the more common exploits on NEWISH players?

Also I have another question, at this limit, is there ever a time i should fold KK preflop?

Just seems like every time I have AA i get no action preflop, every time I have KK and get action preflop, its AA.

Just droped 200BB stack KK vs AA all in preflop. Fuck life.
      You aren't supposed to shove Kings pre-flop when you're deep.

With normal 100 bb stacks its always profitable to shove Kings.

BTW are you playing Zoom or normal tables?
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      An aggressive player might go all-in before the flop with QQ or JJ for 100 BBs; this, however, is something he definitely should not do with a 200 BB stack. You should wonder what a tight opponent, who rarely raises before the flop and is now 5-betting after you 4-bet with pocket kings, could have. Whereas this would probably be a standard all-in with a 100 BB stack, you could actually find a fold with a 200 BB stack. You will almost always be running into aces.

Straight from a Pokerstrategy article, How to play Deep Stacked.
    • Vip3rNZ
      Vip3rNZ
      Silver
      Originally posted by maheepsangari
      An aggressive player might go all-in before the flop with QQ or JJ for 100 BBs; this, however, is something he definitely should not do with a 200 BB stack. You should wonder what a tight opponent, who rarely raises before the flop and is now 5-betting after you 4-bet with pocket kings, could have. Whereas this would probably be a standard all-in with a 100 BB stack, you could actually find a fold with a 200 BB stack. You will almost always be running into aces.

Straight from a Pokerstrategy article, How to play Deep Stacked.
      Ahh well that would of helped me a few hours ago :D :D but hey atleast i'll know next time!

I'm playing normal tables! :)

Is it still profitable if I raise KK UTG and a TIGHT 10/8 vpip/pfr reg with <2% 3bet preflop bets me? Profitable shove?
    • SryImNoob
      SryImNoob
      Bronze
      equilab 2% against KK ur good to shove
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Yeah normal shoving range is QQ+, AK+. So KK stands good against this range. The 2% 3-Bet figure might not be that accurate cause you'll need a lot of hands. I actually keep making notes on what kind of hands people shove with pre-flop to get an idea.

For example someone might not be comfortable AK as much as QQ or even JJ. If you take JJ+ which is almost 2% you crush this range however had a guy had AK+,KK+ as his range which is also 2% you'd be flipping against this range.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Oh and I'm talking about SH tables btw.
    • ferdy81
      ferdy81
      Bronze
      Is it AK shove preflop a standard way to play in SH games? I do it sometimes if I feel someone is overly aggressive preflop and when I still have some fold equity. Else vs some looser opponent who goes AI with any pocket pair you are just flipping most of the time, unless your notes says different ;)
    • Quadzzzzzzz
      Quadzzzzzzz
      Bronze
      I'd say that what you're saying/proposing is a good thing to do and maybe get in a habit of doing for the future. But as people are suggesting, maybe you can do this in real time?

To be honest, at lower limits my standard lines when I spot what I think is a reg is to 3 bet a bit lighter when they CO/BU raise and note if they every play back. You start noticing the ones that think they can 4 bet bluff.

Also any flop that comes down against a reg that is like K92 rainbow I will float a lot more often because it's a flop i'd expect them (and myself) to cbet like 90% of the time. Now like 30% of the time they have hit the K, but the others they will give up.

This also applies to low flops like 732 which you see them cbetting. A lot of the time the only hand they will hit is a set and they are just blindly cbetting away.

Just you know, keep an eye out in the game and add the cbet % to your hud. Turn cbet % is only really useful with a LARGE sample!
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Yeah AK shove is pretty standard but I've met many people who don't like shoving with AK, They are more comfortable shoving JJ instead of AK.

AK is a profitable shove because of the fold equity, yeah you're right there. AK also really helps in widening your 3-Betting range so that your better hands get paid. If you only shove QQ+ thats a total of 18 combos. AK alone has 16 combos so the range pretty much doubles.

EDIT: I meant 4-Betting range not 3-Betting range, sorry about that.
    • Vip3rNZ
      Vip3rNZ
      Silver
      Alright thanks everyone!! the main reason i was looking into this was because i was playing 16-24 tables and i cant do it real time with that many, but recently i've droped to playing 1-4 tables and REALLY focusing on my A++++++ game :D and with INSANE results so far haha

+24 buyins @ 10nl on 888poker in 4k hands!

normally it's more like 4 buyins in 24k hands lol