[NL2-NL10] NL2 QdQh

• Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Party, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 7 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $1.26 (63 bb)
      MP3: $2 (100 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $4.11 (205.5 bb)
      SB: $2.47 (123.5 bb)
      BB: $2.32 (116 bb)
      MP2: $2.29 (114.5 bb)
      MP1: $1.59 (79.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with Q Q
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, SB calls $0.07, BB folds

Flop: ($0.18) 2 A T (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.13, SB calls $0.13

Turn: ($0.44) 3 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.38, SB calls $0.38

River: ($1.20) A (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Preflop:
      Rather strong hand vs SB,BB so obviously raises.

Flop:
      Well Cbet hoping he did not decide to call with Ax hand :P

Turn:
      Wasn't sure if I should continue to fire here.

River:
      Well was a free check and I was rather sure he had som sort of Ax here.

Should I check the turn instead in these situations, he could also have hit a set?

Villain:
  • 7 replies
    • Lasso
      Lasso
      Bronze
      i check behind the turn for pot control. would be ugly to check/raised here. that river i would definately call if he decides to bet it because it makes it less likely for him to have ax. as played u shud probably bet the river again for value, unless hes very passive postflop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Resilence,

What's the reason to CB in first place on the flop? This also answers you the turn play.

He has W$SD on the river 90% for 300 hands, so I can't really see him paying you with a lot worse hands anyways and the main idea of betting the turn is to do it for free showdown and value from Tx/draws.

Best Regards.
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Well I guess the cbet was because I was the aggressor, I didn't like the aces, but I thought he would call with PP not something.

Would you rather avoid cbetting on such a flop?

Is check flop, bet turn, check river better in these situations versus this type of villain?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Resilence
      Well I guess the cbet was because I was the aggressor, I didn't like the aces, but I thought he would call with PP not something.

Would you rather avoid cbetting on such a flop?

Is check flop, bet turn, check river better in these situations versus this type of villain?
      What PP will Call you on the flop? :) Only hands I see what could be calling is Tx and GS. You also block some combos.
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Preflop :)
      I meant he called me preflop, so I kinda thought it was PP, he called me with :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Resilence
      Preflop :)
      I meant he called me preflop, so I kinda thought it was PP, he called me with :)
      But how to get maximum value from those PPs? By CBetting the flop or rather Checking behind?
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Ok I see, think I get it now, however it gives him perfect opportunity to bluff with an A on the board.
      Maybe the reason I didn't understand is because I focus to much on what he had, and not how I was supposed to play against him.