This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 QdQh

• Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Party, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 7 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $1.26 (63 bb)
      MP3: $2 (100 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $4.11 (205.5 bb)
      SB: $2.47 (123.5 bb)
      BB: $2.32 (116 bb)
      MP2: $2.29 (114.5 bb)
      MP1: $1.59 (79.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with Q Q
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, SB calls $0.07, BB folds

Flop: ($0.18) 2 A T (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.13, SB calls $0.13

Turn: ($0.44) 3 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.38, SB calls $0.38

River: ($1.20) A (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Preflop:
      Rather strong hand vs SB,BB so obviously raises.

Flop:
      Well Cbet hoping he did not decide to call with Ax hand :P

Turn:
      Wasn't sure if I should continue to fire here.

River:
      Well was a free check and I was rather sure he had som sort of Ax here.

Should I check the turn instead in these situations, he could also have hit a set?

Villain:
  • 7 replies
    • Lasso
      Lasso
      Bronze
      i check behind the turn for pot control. would be ugly to check/raised here. that river i would definately call if he decides to bet it because it makes it less likely for him to have ax. as played u shud probably bet the river again for value, unless hes very passive postflop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Resilence,

What's the reason to CB in first place on the flop? This also answers you the turn play.

He has W$SD on the river 90% for 300 hands, so I can't really see him paying you with a lot worse hands anyways and the main idea of betting the turn is to do it for free showdown and value from Tx/draws.

Best Regards.
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Well I guess the cbet was because I was the aggressor, I didn't like the aces, but I thought he would call with PP not something.

Would you rather avoid cbetting on such a flop?

Is check flop, bet turn, check river better in these situations versus this type of villain?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Resilence
      Well I guess the cbet was because I was the aggressor, I didn't like the aces, but I thought he would call with PP not something.

Would you rather avoid cbetting on such a flop?

Is check flop, bet turn, check river better in these situations versus this type of villain?
      What PP will Call you on the flop? :) Only hands I see what could be calling is Tx and GS. You also block some combos.
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Preflop :)
      I meant he called me preflop, so I kinda thought it was PP, he called me with :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Resilence
      Preflop :)
      I meant he called me preflop, so I kinda thought it was PP, he called me with :)
      But how to get maximum value from those PPs? By CBetting the flop or rather Checking behind?
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Ok I see, think I get it now, however it gives him perfect opportunity to bluff with an A on the board.
      Maybe the reason I didn't understand is because I focus to much on what he had, and not how I was supposed to play against him.