This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl4 Sh, 77

• sinsas
      sinsas
      Bronze
      35/21 over 40 hands. Will post my thought process later if needed

Microgaming - £0.04 NL - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BTN: £6.10
      Hero (SB): £9.77
      BB: £3.94
      UTG: £5.89
      MP: £2.64
      CO: £9.79

Hero posts SB £0.02, BB posts BB £0.04

Pre Flop: (£0.06) Hero has 7:spade: 7:heart:

UTG calls £0.04, fold, fold, BTN raises to £0.24, Hero calls £0.22, fold, UTG calls £0.20

Flop: (£0.76, 3 players) 4:diamond: 4:club: 2:spade:
      Hero checks, UTG bets £0.76, fold, Hero raises to £2.12, UTG raises to £5.65 and is all-in, Hero calls £3.53

Turn: (£12.06, 2 players) A:heart:

River: (£12.06, 2 players) 6:diamond:

Hero shows 7:spade: 7:heart: (Two Pair, Sevens and Fours) (Pre 82%, Flop 89%, Turn 86%)
      UTG shows 3:heart: 3:diamond: (Two Pair, Fours and Threes) (Pre 18%, Flop 11%, Turn 14%)
      Hero wins £11.96
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello sinsas,

Don't really see any reason to Check/Raise the flop like that. What do you have beat what continues? He has to be super-bad for him to continue with worse hands there. Not that many even around there.

Best Regards.
    • sinsas
      sinsas
      Bronze
      I get that this is weird hand and I play like this very rarely.

The reason for my check raise =

*I think he is super bad
      *I don't think he is ever donking floped trips/fh
      *I think his range consist's of PP 99- ,floped open enders,2x hands and pure bluff's

So basicly my raise on flop was for value and protection against random bluffs ( He might 3 barrel them , but it might get hard to call him down ).

And I was insta calling the flop, if he somehow manages to have 88,99 or very rarely a 4 I'm okay with it.

My main question in the hand, if I raise the flop for value what optimal bet sizing would be, and should I open shove any blank river ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      What worse hand Call you on the flop? :) There ain't even that many worse PPs but meanwhile he could still have a lot of those PPs which have you beat, he is even loose enough to have 4x. I'd rather myself donk the flop to protect my PP than Check/Raise and isolate vs strong range.
    • sinsas
      sinsas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      What worse hand Call you on the flop? :) There ain't even that many worse PPs but meanwhile he could still have a lot of those PPs which have you beat, he is even loose enough to have 4x. I'd rather myself donk the flop to protect my PP than Check/Raise and isolate vs strong range.
      I have to agree that your suggestion is better for long run, though I'm still pretty happy with this particular hand.

Thanks for good insight as always.