[NL2-NL10] nl 2 zoom AQ

• DrRaab
      DrRaab
      Bronze
      PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($0.89)
      SB ($2.04)
      BB ($0.67)
      UTG ($1.12)
      UTG+1 ($1.60)
      MP1 ($1.17)
      Hero (MP2) ($4.53)
      MP3 ($3.23)
      CO ($1.20)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q, A
      1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.02, 1 fold, Hero bets $0.10, 5 folds, UTG+1 calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.23) 6, 6, Q (2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $0.15, UTG+1 raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.15

Turn: ($0.83) 3 (2 players)
      UTG+1 bets $0.42, Hero folds

Total pot: $0.83 | Rake: $0.03
  • 2 replies
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      I play NL2 zoom as well, and have found that a lot of the times a min-raise means a huge hand, the logic being "I want him to put more money in but not scared away from the pot". Best thing to do is make a note, and if the player does it again call them down or shove. In this particular case I don't think he had you beat though.

The question I have is if you were not planning to call another bet, why call the flop re-raise in the first place?

It is a really weird board to min-raise, what could he bet here 6x, KQ/QJ, 88-AA? Most likely you can rule out JJ-AA because almost no-one limp calls these. Because he limp calls, he probably has something like A6/suited 6 with K-J kicker/ OR KQ/QJ/TT- that he thinks is good OR absolutely nothing. I think most likely here he had a medium strength pocket pair and thought it was good against a percieved cbet bluff. Just because its NL2 and you see so many spastic attempts to win the pot by limp-callers, I'd advocate a shove, as he doesn't have much more behind him anyway. OR, fold to the flop reraise.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrRaab,

I am not really planning to fold it here while the guy doesn't even have a full stack. He has also worse Qx hands in his range. So I'd Call the turn as well and go broke on the river.

If you calling the flop then what did it change on the turn that you did fold?

Best Regards.