Story of lazy-ass NL100 grinder ( $15k in 2 months challange )

• TrueMortem
      TrueMortem
      Bronze
      Hi,

so i decided to start my own english blog, i've been pretty active in our CZE community, but here i am unknown so short introduction follows....

I am 21 years old student who got pissed off his own laziness. I am currently grinding NL50 SH, switching between Bwin, Poker Heaven and Stars and most likely in near future i'll be moving to WPT because of tracking here on PokerStrategy.

I play poker for some time now, but only something about 1 year i am taking it seriously, i was a poker dealer, well since my 18 till half year ago i guess. Now i live only out of poker income + some small amounts from writing news and live reports for our CZE community so i guess you could say i am something like a pokerpro.

As i mentioned i am taking poker seriously for 1 year now i guess, before i was just a fish loosing money online wherever i looked. You all probably know that, young kid who saw all those poker shows with Tom Dwan in them so i obviously i started playing something like 99/99 with 99wtsd.... well as you may guess i didnt succeed and as i already mentioned i was just loosing money....

About a year ago i went into tank and just thought how come i can beat live games ( well at that time i played something like 5/10CZK which is like $0,25/0,50... ) but i was loosing money online... well i realized that live i play like a nit so i started playing like a nit online too which was good for beating NL10 at bwin but then i needed some help so i came here on pokerstrategy...i moved up pretty quickly to NL50 and almost started shooting NL100 but a huge swing came and i was not prepared for it so i was tilting etc. ...i almost lost my whole bankroll... i stoped playing for 3 months or so....

When i came back i moved my roll to PokerHeaven where i started rebuilding my roll and my confidence. Well... another bad thing happened to me, i discovered 5-handed sng's there which were really really soft and i started printing money there... the main issue was that there were no room for improvement i got really lazy and i had no motivation for studing or something like that because 10e sng's ( speed ) are the max stakes where is traffic and i was already crushing that.... so i got really lazy and for like 2 months i was not working on my game at all, in the end even the volume went down and i finally got pissed off my own laziness, that i decided to come back into cash game world and make a name for myself :f_biggrin:

So as i mentioned above i am currently grinding NL50 and i hope i will try shooting NL100 in 2 months at top ( summer will be full of live poker, parties etc. so i won't have a huge online volume ... )

I am also grinding live from time to time, mostly 1/2 euro games and tourneys up to something like $200... i dont have any huge tournament hits as online as live ( something like 1k most ) but i am winning player + live tourneys are for me something like social event, i mostly play with some guys from our CZE community etc.

this is me, just for some idea of who's even writing these words.... and yeah i am a ginger and i don't have a soul so dont worry you can try to insult me as much as you want :f_biggrin:

well and the only thing i will bring from the past to this blog are some hands just for u to get some image of my play and i also think that talk some strategy in this blog could be useful for u guys and for me too....

well first hand is from NL25, PH is a small site and in the morning there is pretty much no traffic at all at NL50 so i played from time to time NL25

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.com

BB ($28.92)
      UTG ($67.35)
      MP ($25)
      Button ($125.89)
      Hero (SB) ($31.72)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8:heart: , 10:heart:
      1 fold, MP bets $0.56, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.44, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.37) K:club: , K:diamond: , 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks

Turn: ($1.37) 2:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.68, Hero raises $2.36, MP raises $4.72, Hero raises $10.83, 1 fold

Total pot: $12.17

Results:
      Hero had 8:heart: , 10:heart: (one pair, Kings).
      Outcome: Hero won $19.36

the thinking process behind this hand is pretty simple...

on this kind of boards regs like to use delayed c-bet ( i really dont know why but they do :f_biggrin: )

his range here is something like mid pairs, 9x, maybe some FD's but mostly air which is trying to represent those hands....

he is going to use delayed c-bet here like 99% of times so that's why i check and i don't stab the pot also with ch/r i will put more preasure on his weak range....

well and after this that hand is pretty simple, his 3bet is pretty much air heavy because his range which he tried to represent before that 3bet had some showdown value that could call ch/r but wont 3bet, i am pretty certain he wont 3bet here with FD's that much also so i can pretty easily 4bet because he just doesnt rep anything....

One hand from yesterday... i was watching some movie and as a true degenerate i played poker on the second screen.... only NL20 just for lolz so i can concentrate on the movie....

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (2 handed) - Poker Hand Converter from PokerConverter.com

saw flop | saw showdown

BB ($23.20)
      Hero (SB) ($37.22)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6:diamond: , Q:heart:
      Hero bets $0.50, BB raises $1.55, Hero calls $1.25

Flop: ($3.50) Q:club: , 9:heart: , 5:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $1.80, Hero calls $1.80

Turn: ($7.10) A:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $4.75, BB calls $4.75

River: ($16.60) 7:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $16, 1 fold

Total pot: $16.60
      Main pot: $16.60 won by Hero

Results:
      Hero had 6:diamond: , Q:heart: (one pair, Queens).
      Outcome: Hero won $31.77

well the table is just breaking down and the last villian is nit something like 19/16/6 wtsd 22 and c-bet hardly above 50 ....

preflop i am just trying to steal the blinds and sit-out but he 3bets... from time to time even nit like this can try to 3bet light because of the end of the table etc. + his postflop stats are so easy exploitable that i can call pretty much ATC IP...

thanks to the sizing tell i am pretty much certain that on the flop we have the best hand so i dont need to turn that hand into a bluff as i planed to...

the turn is pretty bad card even though he checks, because his range is full of Ax and he checks just because he does not want to get shoved on and maybe for some value on the river from Qx because he does not want to scare us or something like that....

we need to realize that he is going to check/call here pretty much all the time so we need to prepare a shove for the river which he can't call... in his range are pretty much only Ax one pair hands and thats about it so he wont play for stacks on a board like this when we could have flush, 2p or even a set from time to time...so prepare the shove for the river and just do it :f_biggrin:

Boss $50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 4 players - View hand 1700487
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (CO): $74.05
      BTN: $64.00
      SB: $77.26
      BB: $86.94

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is CO with A :heart: 8 :diamond:
      Hero raises to $1.50, BTN calls $1.50, 2 folds

Flop: ($3.75) J :diamond: 4 :club: J :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, BTN calls $2

Turn: ($7.75) 7 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.50, BTN raises to $12, Hero raises to $24.50, BTN folds

Final Pot: $31.75
      Hero wins $12.50
      (Rake: $1.55)

just a float happy reg and on the turn he just doesnt rep anything....

and just to show how retarded i can be from time to time....

Boss $50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1700284

UTG: $107.58
      Hero (CO): $50.00
      BTN: $57.88
      SB: $56.46
      BB: $9.47

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is CO with 5 :diamond: 5 :club:
      UTG raises to $1.75, Hero calls $1.75, 3 folds

Flop: ($4.25) 5 :heart: 3 :diamond: 3 :heart: (2 players)
      UTG bets $2.12, Hero raises to $7.24, UTG calls $5.12

Turn: ($18.73) 9 :heart: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $9.50, UTG calls $9.50

River: ($37.73) K :club: (2 players)
      UTG bets $18.86, Hero raises to $31.51, UTG calls $12.65

Final Pot: $100.75
      UTG shows K :spade: K :diamond:
      Hero shows 5 :diamond: 5 :club:
      UTG wins $97.75
      (Rake: $3.00)

i had a huge dynamic with this fishy reg so easy raise on the flop, after his call on the flop his range is pretty much only overpairs i am pretty certain that he will 3bet FD's against me on that flop.....

the turn is bad card for his range but with that dynamic i can still get value and the river... well that's where my retardation came into play.... whole time i know what he has and this donkbet is pretty much only 99 or KK ... maybe Ax :heart: but i think he is going to donk here only those better FH so logical would be fold... but no steaming me gives him some more $ just for free... just a hand where i should fold but i didn't ... i guess call would not be so bad too but shove is obviously just mental....

last hand is animated just for lolz...

Boss $50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1739909

BTN: $56.15
      SB: $133.74
      BB: $59.86
      UTG: $49.75
      Hero (MP): $64.60
      CO: $54.12

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is MP with 3 :club: A :club:

1 fold, Hero raises to $1.50, 1 fold, BTN calls $1.50, 2 folds

Flop: ($3.75) A :diamond: T :club: 3 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.00, BTN calls $3

Turn: ($9.75) K :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.50 for induce ,

BTN raises to $14.50,

Hero calls $9

River: ($38.75) 4 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks

, BTN checks

Final Pot: $38.75
      BTN shows T :spade: 9 :spade:
      Hero shows 3 :club: A :club:
      Hero wins $36.85
      (Rake: $1.90)

yeah well i guess that's about it ...

btw as you probably already noticed my english is pretty bad ( written mostly ) and that's one of the main reasons why i started this blog, so hopefully i'll get better soon :f_cool:

.... yeah and just for graph lovers here is my heater from this week...

i'll post graphs something like once a month or something like that just to avoid result orientation ....

well and if you read it all here is some chillout music for you :f_cool:

• 100 replies
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Zomg he is blogging again

• TrueMortem
      TrueMortem
      Bronze
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      Omg he has a blog

lol... it was clear to me that either you or alficor are going to have first retarded posts in my new blog :f_biggrin:
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Almost first

• TrueMortem
      TrueMortem
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alficor1
      Almost first

yeah, well maybe nextime :f_biggrin: This is my third blog so maybe it won't take much time for me to start a new one :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:

btw i found this.... some bs meme i made for some random meme contest in our CZE community...most of live players can relate to that :f_biggrin:

• TrueMortem
      TrueMortem
      Bronze
      Oh boy i have a really poor mindset, this morning i had a really bad seassion and even though it was clear it was comming after winning 25 BI's in 3 days or so I was just so tilted that i had to stop the seassion for a while...

I really don't know why is that though because after few moments I just calmed down and continued playing on my A-game...funny thing is that this never happens to me when i have like 4 bad days or 4 neutral days and then bad day like today....i am just messed up :f_biggrin:

like i said good thing is that after few moments i can get back to grind so it's still progress because like 1/2 year ago i was tilted for a whole day....
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Welcome back to blogging, I suppose is the best wording to use.

If alficor likes it, it has to be good!

Following!

Regards,
      Richard
    • TrueMortem
      TrueMortem
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fruktpuff

Following!

Regards,
      Richard
      thanks, i guess your eng. community values alficor a lot more then ours ( CZE ) :f_biggrin: and i don't really know why :f_confused: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TrueMortem

Following!

Regards,
      Richard
      thanks, i guess your eng. community values alficor a lot more then ours ( CZE ) :f_biggrin: and i don't really know why :f_confused: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:
      It's not so much a statement for the community, I spend hours and hours in blogs, and I miss his blog for being awesome, so if he likes this one, it'll be bound to have something worth seeing!
    • TrueMortem
      TrueMortem
      Bronze
      yeah i got that it was just a cheap joke on his adress :f_biggrin: i like to troll him a little bit from time to time :f_biggrin:

btw he has like 3 blogs in our community so the only thing that it takes is you to learn czech.... :f_biggrin:
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Pretty sure he has at least 3 here, as well. :)
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze

Following!

Regards,
      Richard
      I didnt say i like it, i just pointed out that i just missed out on being first.

Hm, i guess because English community actually appreciates quality blogs, unlike Czech community, which needs a lot of pictures and stupid "im a fish" jokes with millions of sharky smiles to like someone's blog.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Cmon, write something write for us to read and troll about :D
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Nah, i think he'll try to have a serious looking blog for as long as he can hold on to it. But our time is coming and i think it's not far off either baby. :D
    • TrueMortem
      TrueMortem
      Bronze
      not really in the mood today :) some bad things in RL etc. and I dont have anything to write about now..... although i will have to make a list of goals... now i am watching a movie so tomorow i guess :)

btw alficor and acceleration go to : http://vinohrady.showdownpoker.cz/ and reg into those saturday tourneys.... cap for the high-roller is only 16 players so make it quick.... ( high roller for 1200 czk -> like $60 ... pure epicness... i hope i will ship it and i will get a trophy for winning heads up high roller event to brag with :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: )
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      uuuuuuh, ty for telling me, registered. Nice, so I have to only beat 3 random fishes before the FT ? GG, looking forward to winning my 1st ever high roller.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Btw are you sure we will be able to play the first even too? It starts at 19.00 and the high troller starts at 21.30.
    • TrueMortem
      TrueMortem
      Bronze
      nah it goes from the smallest baller to the biggest so alficor is going to win the turbo event you main event ( you are ahaed of alficor just because of your birthday.... ) and i am going to ship the high roller... ( although the main event is going to have the " biggest " prizepool.... so maybe we are going to switch :f_biggrin: )
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      nah it goes from the smallest baller to the biggest so alficor is going to win the turbo event you main event ( you are ahaed of alficor just because of your birthday.... ) and i am going to ship the high roller... ( although the main event is going to have the " biggest " prizepool.... so maybe we are going to switch :f_biggrin: )
      Made my day
    • TrueMortem
      TrueMortem
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alficor1
      Btw are you sure we will be able to play the first even too? It starts at 19.00 and the high troller starts at 21.30.
      well the first event is main event so thats for sure we are going to play that one... then you got like 1 and half hour to bust or ship it and then to play the high roller... there are going to be some breaks and the structure is going to be pretty fast and stacks are really shallow... + live fishes don't know how to play HU ...i think we will be done with all 3 events till midnight and then we can start with the main program of the night.... party bitchiezzzz :f_biggrin: ... hopefuly there will be no more garden lakes for me to fall into :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: