• HitThe1Out
      HitThe1Out
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.30(BB) Replayer
      ($64.08)
      Hero ($40.89)

Dealt to Hero J:diamond: J:heart:

Hero raises to $0.75, raises to $2.10, Hero raises to $5.20, raises to $10

Shorthanded table got hu, first hand. Villain's stats from sh after 176 hands are vpip21/pfr19/3b6/afq33. Seems like an avg reg.

One note from sh: "u have aggro pref history vs him"

Should I 6b-shove? Was 4b bad idea from begin if I'm not going AI? It was villain's 5b sizing what confused me.
  • 8 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello HitThe1Out,

It's HU and I assume he is also 3betting a lot looser and also going broke looser. Just 4bet it and ship da money. Ain't planning to fold it here.

Best Regards.
    • HitThe1Out
      HitThe1Out
      Bronze
      Thanks.

It was his 5b sizing that confused me, haven't seen such a size raised w/out super premium hand from sh reg.

What range would you put him on? Do u think there's any FE? What is our bottom 6bshove range and what is his bottom calling range in your opinion?
    • HitThe1Out
      HitThe1Out
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Just 4bet it and ship da money.
      Didn't notice that on the first time.

So we're 4betting and he is 5betting really small. Vs shove I would've snapcalled but does this change anything?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      It was his 5b sizing that confused me, haven't seen such a size raised w/out super premium hand from sh reg.

Have seen enough of those sizes which can also be weak. You guys are also a bit deeper so he might even have some fold equity with it.

What range would you put him on? Do u think there's any FE? What is our bottom 6bshove range and what is his bottom calling range in your opinion?

Hard to put an opponent on a range when you haven't seen him playing, nor have any more stats than just VPIP/PFR/3bet which ain't even a good sample. We would need many more stats and not only his stats but also our image. According to that we could consider with what we going broke, with what we fold and etc. Can't tell you the bottom calling range cause it's dependent a lot on many factors and may differ, in this case we could even consider sometimes folding JJ for example if we assume his W$SD is super high and he ain't 5betting loose.

So we're 4betting and he is 5betting really small. Vs shove I would've snapcalled but does this change anything?

Doubt so, I'd follow my plan if I'd go for the 4bet. If rather assume his 3betting range is really nitty I'd just Call and play postflop.
    • HitThe1Out
      HitThe1Out
      Bronze
      Thank you for your comments :)

I found hero fold this time. Discussed a little about the hand with some succesful higher stakes regs but as someone said I should shove then some other told me I should fold. Annoying :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by HitThe1Out
      Thank you for your comments :)

I found hero fold this time. Discussed a little about the hand with some succesful higher stakes regs but as someone said I should shove then some other told me I should fold. Annoying :D
      Well, if you are turning JJ into bluff then why to 4bet in first place? :D We could easily just Call and play postflop with that idea then.
    • HitThe1Out
      HitThe1Out
      Bronze
      Well, if you are turning JJ into bluff then why to 4bet in first place? :D We could easily just Call and play postflop with that idea then.
      Well, for the last 100k hands on ongame that 5b sizing has 95% of the time been KK+ :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by HitThe1Out
      Well, for the last 100k hands on ongame that 5b sizing has 95% of the time been KK+ :)
      How can you even base on that? You might have had like 1-2 cases which are similar to this one while being HU.

And as I said already, if you go for 4bet then it means for value not as a bluff, don't see why we should be turning our JJ into bluff being HU.