[NL20-NL50] NL50: button raiser 4th time in a row

    • mintogo
      mintogo
      Bronze
      Joined: 17.05.2008 Posts: 256
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

      MP ($60.35)
      Button ($57.50)
      Hero ($67.15)
      BB ($36.90)
      UTG ($27.15)

      Preflop: Hero is SB with T, 8.
      2 folds, Button raises to $2, Hero raises to $7, BB calls $6.50, Button folds.

      Flop: ($16) J, A, 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $12, BB raises to $29.9, Hero calls $17.90.

      Turn: ($75.80) 9 (2 players)

      River: ($75.80) 2 (2 players)

      Final Pot: $75.80

      Button raised 4 times in a row the bb was a tight player.
  • 4 replies
    • lilprincess
      lilprincess
      Bronze
      Joined: 13.05.2008 Posts: 2,549
      imo that's kind of ugly
      You won't flop very well often enough to 3bet T8o(if it were T8s it would be better). If you're 3betting only to tame his aggression make it a little bigger like 10-11$.
      Once BB overcalls you know he has you completely crushed but I think you're aware of that.

      That flop is bittersweet, and like I said that's about as good as it gets w/ T8o, however it has hit BB's range pretty hard so you probably have no fold equity whatsoever. What is more BB is sort of short so he really isn't folding anything.

      I guess you're getting enough odds on your call to break even and maybe be a slight long-term winner, but I would either CRAI if you were deeper or c/f that flop. if he checks behind good for you, you're getting a free card. Cbetting is not very good in that spot imo.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.12.2006 Posts: 1,908
      Originally posted by lilprincess
      imo that's kind of ugly
      You won't flop very well often enough to 3bet T8o(if it were T8s it would be better). If you're 3betting only to tame his aggression make it a little bigger like 10-11$.
      you are not 3 beting t8 here for value you are 3 beting as a steal and want to take the hand down just there .it doesnt matter if its t 8 or j 2 in that spot (you prefer t 8 because it flops better when you get called ) . the result should be the same
      it s a bad think to 3 bet to 10 - 11 for various resons . you dont balance your range for the times when you will have aa kk etc and you will do it 6.5 or smth like that for value and a good player will notice this . besides that when he calls , your contibet will have to be much higher .



      the call from bb sucks a lot . most of the time you dont have any FE against a fish in that spot because the flop hits him and he calls or shoves almost every time and this commits you .
      i would try to check the flop and hope for a check behind
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      Joined: 28.05.2006 Posts: 12,896
      nh

      I think 3-betting with T8o given the situation is ok, as is the c-bet. After BBs shove, you know you are behind but you have to call.
    • lilprincess
      lilprincess
      Bronze
      Joined: 13.05.2008 Posts: 2,549
      Originally posted by srohack


      you are not 3 beting t8 here for value you are 3 beting as a steal and want to take the hand down just there .it doesnt matter if its t 8 or j 2 in that spot (you prefer t 8 because it flops better when you get called )

      I am aware of that but still, its better to steal with hands that could flop decent

      Originally posted by srohack
      it s a bad think to 3 bet to 10 - 11 for various resons . you dont balance your range for the times when you will have aa kk etc and you will do it 6.5 or smth like that for value and a good player will notice this .
      I don't assume someone is a good player at NL50 until he has proven it to me, and varying betsizing when you face non-thinking player is better than betting always the same amount. Plus I wouldn't bet so low with a big hand more like 9, which really isn't that lower to 10$. when you steal you need fold equity, here you give him great odds with position, he's never folding if he's loose.