$13.76
      MP3:
      $10.00
      CO:
      $4.28
      BU:
      $15.24

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, T.
      4 folds, SB raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.6) T, 8, 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.42, Hero calls $0.42.

Turn: ($1.44) 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $1.02, Hero raises to $3.00, SB calls $1.98.

River: ($7.44) 7 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $7.44.

villain 23/12 af 1.9 cbet 42 ftcbet 60 (2.4 3bet) 500hand

I have some history with this guy,and in today`s session when the hand was played i saw him fire a 3street bluff(his entire stack it was a 3bet pot) with Khigh vs a fish on a draw heavy board

PF: call to def blind

FLop: i though about raising but i was pretty much expecting a bet on the turn as well,that i was calling on pretty much any card and reevaluate on river.

Turn:board gets ugly for my TPTK so i decide to make a raise here expecting him to call with a high :diamond: card and maybe a pair,also put pressure on medium poketpairs with a :diamond: .

What do you think about the play?Do you think i should have done a bigger raise on the turn?
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cozacu,

Don't like the raise on the turn at all, you are just turning your hand into bluff. What's your plan if he 3bets you?

Best Regards.
    • cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      Fold vs a 3bet,he won't bluff on that board often enough for my TPTK to be good.So in that spot if he 3bets me 90% of the TPTK is no good and can't make a better hand to fold,so is an easy fold from my part.

You don't agree with any of my arguments for the raise?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by cozacu
      Fold vs a 3bet,he won't bluff on that board often enough for my TPTK to be good.So in that spot if he 3bets me 90% of the TPTK is no good and can't make a better hand to fold,so is an easy fold from my part.

You don't agree with any of my arguments for the raise?
      I'd most likely just keep his range wide and maybe even gain value from worse hands on the river than just Raise/Fold it directly. If we do raise then yes, we are turning our hand into bluff and by which I mean we Raise/Fold it.
    • cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      Don't we want to protect our hand from a 4th :diamond: on the river?( and extract value from drawing hands... my main reason for the raise was to get value from drawing hands,and weaker hands)

If we just call,and we probably face another bet on the river aren't we in front of a hard decision? here it was the 7 :diamond: but could have been worst: J,Q,K d ... by just calling we`ll have no clue where we are with the hand. :|

The pot would be smaller but i would not know what to do on the river... is he ever bluffing there 3 streets with a worst hand than mine?( Not likely)... but why in the world i called two streets with TPTK to fold on the river?And now again pressing the call button 3 times in a row on such a board does not make me feel i played the hand good.

Please help me out
    • sinsas
      sinsas
      Silver
      call turn and call any blanks on the river ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by cozacu
      Don't we want to protect our hand from a 4th :diamond: on the river?( and extract value from drawing hands... my main reason for the raise was to get value from drawing hands,and weaker hands)

If we just call,and we probably face another bet on the river aren't we in front of a hard decision? here it was the 7 :diamond: but could have been worst: J,Q,K d ... by just calling we`ll have no clue where we are with the hand. :|

The pot would be smaller but i would not know what to do on the river... is he ever bluffing there 3 streets with a worst hand than mine?( Not likely)... but why in the world i called two streets with TPTK to fold on the river?And now again pressing the call button 3 times in a row on such a board does not make me feel i played the hand good.

Please help me out
      I said already, with raising you are turning your hand into bluff, you ain't really protecting it. Why would you want to build up the pot? Rather let him continue with bluffs or such type of hands and you can't always assume that 4th comes. We would be folding such a river.