[NL2-NL10] Folding AA

• cozacu
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, A.
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BB folds, MP3 calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.9) 9, A, K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.64, MP3 calls $0.64.

Turn: ($2.18) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.08, MP3 calls $2.08.

River: ($6.34) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 raises to $7.22, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $6.34.

villain 74/19 af 1.4 cbet 0 ftcbet 42 52hands

This is some super ugly hand,and i`m questioning my play again on the river

Flop,turn i think is standard,maybe a bigger bet on the flop so there would be no overbet shoving on the river...

as that playing here vs a non-agro fish i decided to check/fold because if i bet there any amount i had to call the shove.

Reasons to fold: on a draw heavy board like that don't think he is ever just calling with a set in order to shove the river on a completed draw... with two pair the same story.

River card was very bad for me,completed both straight and flush draws so i decided to fold

Do you agree with the check/fold river?I`m still not that sure about it :(

P.s. I hope that running really bad for the last 4,5k hands doesn't have a negative effect on my decision making.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello cozacu,

Preflop: Being OOP + 1 limper I'd raise it bigger.
      Postflop: Could easily go for bigger Bet as well on the flop cause if he has any kind of hand he is willing to pay you anyways. But otherwise on the river not much to do. :(

Best Regards.