This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] QTo vs fish

• cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $10.81
      BU:
      $10.27
      SB (Hero):
      $12.38
      BB:
      $14.41
      MP2:
      $10.00
      MP3:
      $23.13

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, T.
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.3) Q, Q, 3 (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, MP3 checks.

Turn: ($0.3) 8 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.21, BB folds, MP3 raises to $0.42, Hero raises to $1.50, MP3 calls $1.08.

River: ($3.3) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, MP3 raises to $21.53, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $5.3.

villain 75/3 af 2.0 cbet 50 ftcbet 50 (3.2 3bet) 64hands

PF : decide to call because i have a big fish in the hand.

FLop: i didn't wanted to donk here in 3way pot because it would look pretty strong,and on that board and a Q in my hand there is just not much they can have to call me.

Turn: i had to put some money in the pot,after i got min`raised i 3bet for value,get value from a weaker Q or some average poketpair type of hand

River: still looking for some value,i decide to bet/fold.witch i did

I though there is no way a passive fish will shove on me there with a weaker Q... don't really see anything else he could have that i beat at all.

Question:Is the over`all line that i took ok?Do you agree with my intention to go for the value bet on the river?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cozacu,

Flop: How else do you plan to get value? :P If they hit something they ain't going to pay you much either. I'd just bet it here cause I assume there are enough of PPs/Ace high floats in their range and maybe even worse.

As played
      Turn: What do you think he is you raising with? What if he guy 4bets you? Although of course we are still going for the 3bet vs a min-raise and protect our hand.
      River: Not much to comment, obviously we are behind.

Best Regards.