Waitlist problem(seat is reserved?!)

• GrimTheCat
      GrimTheCat
      Bronze
      Hi Folks!

I love 888poker. But there is a very bad bug in the software.
      When I try to connect to a table from the waiting list, there is a chance that happens.
      I click the Seat me now button. The table appears.
      I click on the green sit down button and software show an error message:
      "Sorry, this seat is reserved for another member. Please try another seat or table."

But why? I have just got a seat! And this happens quite often. Finally I manage to get a seat in a very good table... and moments later I lose this chance. I asked a few of my friends, who all play the same place. And they also experienced the same thing.
      If you have this bug, you should report this too!

-------

Mone.P: Hi, my name is Mone.P. How may I help you?
      Mone.P: Welcome to 888poker Live Chat! We are glad to be of service. Please hold a moment whilst I try to locate your 888poker account with your given email address.
      XXXXXX@XXXX.XXX: Hi Money.P.!
      Mone.P: Please confirm the answer to the security question selected when registering your account.
      The security question you chose was:
      #############
      XXXXXX@XXXX.XXX: #######
      Mone.P: Thank you
      Mone.P: How may I assist you today?
      XXXXXX@XXXX.XXX: I love 888poker. But there is a very bad bug in the software.
      When I try to connect to a table from the waiting list, there is a chance that happens.
      I click the Seat me now button. The table appears.
      I click on the green sit down button and software show an error message:
      "Sorry, this seat is reserved for another member. Please try another seat or table."
      XXXXXX@XXXX.XXX: But why? I have just got a seat! And this happens quite often. Finally I manage to get a seat in a very good table... and moments later I lose this chance. I asked a few of my friends, who all play the same place. And they also experienced the same thing.

Mone.P: Can you take a screen shot of that message and send it to us please
      XXXXXX@XXXX.XXX: yes. i have a screen shot
      XXXXXX@XXXX.XXX: http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/5936/bugrb.png
      Mone.P: I can not view that link
      Mone.P: Please paste screen shot in a word document or paint
      XXXXXX@XXXX.XXX: how i can send the picture or the link to you?
      XXXXXX@XXXX.XXX: Mone.P?
      Mone.P: Please copy and paste screen shot in a word document or paint, then forward it to support@888poker.com
      XXXXXX@XXXX.XXX: done
      Mone.P: one moment
      XXXXXX@XXXX.XXX: :)
      Mone.P: What you can do is to uninstall and re-install the software
      XXXXXX@XXXX.XXX: I did it
      XXXXXX@XXXX.XXX: and this is not just my experience.
      Mone.P: I apologize for the inconvenience
      XXXXXX@XXXX.XXX: this bug exist not only in my computer or my brother computer. my friends tell me the same.
      XXXXXX@XXXX.XXX: I'm a member of the comunity of pokerstrategy.com. People from there report this bug too.
      XXXXXX@XXXX.XXX: may appear that not everybody gets this. but it sure is a lot of people there who get this errror too.
      Mone.P: I have not heard of this error before, once I have received the screen shot I will forward the issue to the relevant department
      XXXXXX@XXXX.XXX: I reinstall not just the software but my computer too. and the error stil exist.
      XXXXXX@XXXX.XXX: thank you very mutch
      XXXXXX@XXXX.XXX: should I tell the others to report this too?
      Mone.P: Yes

XXXXXX@XXXX.XXX: I'll open a forum thread for this.
  • 10 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Thank you for the heads up GrimTheCat!
    • slipkn6t
      slipkn6t
      Bronze
      yeah, I know this bug, but I'm too lazy to report it. Just show them this topic thread with our posts. And also show them this thread too leonidas129 plays 16 tables nl10 FR
    • 1Cranberries1
      1Cranberries1
      Silver
      Also occurs to me.
    • itwillturnm8
      itwillturnm8
      Bronze
      It happens to me too and I believe it is a bug when you get notification to be seated but actually it is not yet your turn and there is a player on waiting list that is to be seated first. I know this because sometimes when this happens and I do nothing about it like trying to get me on wait list again later I manage to sit at the table when seat gets empty.
    • GrimTheCat
      GrimTheCat
      Bronze
      Dear XXX,

My name is Laura I am a Senior Rep at 888poker. I am contacting you in regards to your recent issues with our waiting lists whilst trying to join some of our tables.

It has come to our attention that when you contacted us regarding this matter you were given some incorrect advice of uninstalling and reinstalling the 888poker software in order to fix the issue. Unfortunately Istvan this is not a solution and will not fix the problem.

The problem with the waiting list error is something that we are aware of. It was brought to the attention of our technical department and developers who are looking into the matter. They are trying to find a resolution to this but unfortunately at the moment there is very little that we can advise you.

I appreciate that this is not ideal and it can be frustrating for this to happen especially if there is a particular table you wish to join. As I said above, at the moment there are no immediate solutions that we can offer you, we ask for your patience and understanding in this matter until our technical department can implement a fix.

Please accept our apologies not only for this technical error, but also for the confusion and incorrect information that you were given.

Do not hesitate to contact us if you require assistance with this or any other matter.

Kind regards,
      Laura C.
      Member Support Representative
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Thank you for the update here GrimTheCat :)

Hopefully 888 can get this sorted very soon.

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Not likely they will sort it soon as it has been an issue for over a year now. Likewise with a number of other issues that have been raised on PS forums, on 888 forums and with their support. They take a long time to reply, assure you they are doing something, that sorting the issue is a priority for them, and yet the same issues are still present over a year later.

I play primarily on 888, mostly cash but some tourneys, and I enjoy playing there but issues like this are very irritating.
    • Zsocci
      Zsocci
      Bronze
      Also occurs to me.
    • JonasJordan
      JonasJordan
      Black
      all have the same problem so there is no edge in it, screw it
    • kidzoltan
      kidzoltan
      Platinum
      3 years passed and the error still occurs very often :s_evil: