Stack
      Hero:
      $80,36
      CO:
      $94,29
      BU:
      $57,4

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

CO openraise = 23%
      Fto3B = 41%
      CB = 46%

BU stats:

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:heart: , J:spade:
      2 folds, CO raises to $1,50, BU raises to $5,25, SB folds, Hero calls $4,75, CO calls $3,75.

Was not sure whats the best option.
      BU range is wide but was not sure if i can 4B for value against both opponents in this situation.
      Since i don't wanted to 4b/c and don't wanted to fold i just called. (but not planned to go for setvalue, which i could)

Flop: ($16,00) 7:heart: , 7:spade: , 6:spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets $8, CO raises to $16,00, 2 folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

The hard decision preflop throw me a little bit off.
      Decided to make a donk/f and check down the hand since i don't want to c/c oop.

Final Pot: $32,00
  • 3 replies
    • prugo
      prugo
      Bronze
      Hello chocular,

What was your postflop plan with your pair of jacks? Flop looks really nice for your jacks. I would have at least c/c'd once once called.

Button doesn't look excessively aggro, so you're probably not going to induce any spazzy moves with AQ+ by donking. I'd rather either directly shove to get called lightly by AK or other lower PP or just fold it PF.

I wouldn't advise cold calling oop with JJ. You'll have to give up often if CO shoves or on many flops. You're also not going to extract value from worse often being oop.
    • chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      Had no real plan after my call, so i should have just folded preflop.

I guess c/c would be the best option since i should be ahead of both players ranges and either of them is very aggressive so i shouldn't get too much pressure oop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello chocular77,

Preflop: Calling isn't the best move here, don't see any reason to do that. We might consider doing that with KK/AA which isn't vulnerable but not with JJ. Even 4betting for value in that case is better, especially while CO has a low W$SD which could mean that he also goes broke loose. Especially if we had an aggressive image.

As played
      Postflop: Donking doesn't make sense, you don't even allow them to CB with loose range and your hand is pretty easy to read which is donking here, doubt that you would do that with strong made hands.

Best Regards.