This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 Fr JJ

• mintjelly
      mintjelly
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $9.40
      UTG1:
      $10.47
      UTG2:
      $3.85
      MP1:
      $4.90
      MP2:
      $4.00
      MP3:
      $26.35
      CO (Hero):
      $10.00
      BU:
      $15.72
      SB:
      $10.89

Preflop: Hero is CO with J, J.
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BU folds, SB raises to $0.90, BB folds, Hero calls $0.60.

Flop: ($1.9) 2, 6, 2 (2 players)
      SB bets $1.20, Hero calls $1.20.

Turn: ($4.3) 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $2.70, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.3.

First off, villian's vpip:20 pfr:15 cbet flop:75 hands:195

In the past I have tended to be overly aggressive with mid pocket pairs 66-JJ, losing pots in many situations where my pocket pair "looked" good by being top pair and I would really like to plug this leak.

In this particular case with the pre flop aggresion and two barrels I was inclined to feel that I was in one of the above mentioned scenarios and decided to fold and wait for a better spot.

So how should this have been played? And with mid pockets when facing aggression/not knowing if your hand is best, is it better to just treat your hand as 22 and move on?

Best Regards.
  • 4 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      looks fine. :f_biggrin:

you have to try to guess your opponent's 3bet range, if you expect it to be like QQ+ AK then JJ and 22 are pretty much the same thing. :f_biggrin:
    • mintjelly
      mintjelly
      Bronze
      Hi Tomaloc, that's pretty much what I thought he had, but I also included AQs.

Best Regards.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      well yeah, against more reasonable opponent i'd even expect it to be a bit wider since it's blinds vs co. i think i'd play the same way :f_biggrin:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello mintjelly,

22 has quads on the flop, so you can't treat it same way. :D And of course JJ has better equity postflop and could even be easily ahead, not that many overcards against it either while 22 will face a lot of overcards on flop.

But I'd most likely play the same way until I get the information also how he plays on the turn, might even Call the turn as well if I also assume that he is 3betting/cbetting loose.

Best Regards.