$26.35
      CO (Hero):
      $10.00
      BU:
      $15.72
      SB:
      $10.89

Preflop: Hero is CO with J, J.
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BU folds, SB raises to $0.90, BB folds, Hero calls $0.60.

Flop: ($1.9) 2, 6, 2 (2 players)
      SB bets $1.20, Hero calls $1.20.

Turn: ($4.3) 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $2.70, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.3.

First off, villian's vpip:20 pfr:15 cbet flop:75 hands:195

In the past I have tended to be overly aggressive with mid pocket pairs 66-JJ, losing pots in many situations where my pocket pair "looked" good by being top pair and I would really like to plug this leak.

In this particular case with the pre flop aggresion and two barrels I was inclined to feel that I was in one of the above mentioned scenarios and decided to fold and wait for a better spot.

So how should this have been played? And with mid pockets when facing aggression/not knowing if your hand is best, is it better to just treat your hand as 22 and move on?

Best Regards.
  • 4 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      looks fine. :f_biggrin:

you have to try to guess your opponent's 3bet range, if you expect it to be like QQ+ AK then JJ and 22 are pretty much the same thing. :f_biggrin:
    • mintjelly
      mintjelly
      Bronze
      Hi Tomaloc, that's pretty much what I thought he had, but I also included AQs.

Best Regards.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      well yeah, against more reasonable opponent i'd even expect it to be a bit wider since it's blinds vs co. i think i'd play the same way :f_biggrin:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello mintjelly,

22 has quads on the flop, so you can't treat it same way. :D And of course JJ has better equity postflop and could even be easily ahead, not that many overcards against it either while 22 will face a lot of overcards on flop.

But I'd most likely play the same way until I get the information also how he plays on the turn, might even Call the turn as well if I also assume that he is 3betting/cbetting loose.

Best Regards.