Filipino can't play in Philippines?!!!!!!!!

• YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      when i logged in to my account, it says that residents from the United States and US territories are not allowed to play real money games.

so why the heck can't i play? Philippines is definitely not US and not a US territory!!!!!!! wtfffffff
  • 21 replies
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Afaik you have to get a bank account or some utility bill your paying in the philipines in order to prove to pokerstars that you actually live there.
    • YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MatejM47
      Afaik you have to get a bank account or some utility bill your paying in the philipines in order to prove to pokerstars that you actually live there.
      i have made a cashout to my Philippine bank account more than 5 times in the last 2 years. i can easily provide them with my passport. zZzZzzzz......

and heck, my IP address (which i know they can confirm) is from the Philippines. zZzZzzz....
    • YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze

when did Philippines become a US territory? !!!!!!!! :s_evil:
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Originally posted by YinYangS

when did Philippines become a US territory? !!!!!!!! :s_evil:
      RE-read it again. It says that residents of US or US territories are not allowed to play from ANYWHERE in the world. Meaning that if your US resident your not allowed to play from anywhere in the world when your on vacation. You have to actually move out and declare a new country of residency in order to get your account unlocked.

Just because you changed your adress in your PS account and have philli IP its still not enough for them to let you play.

Thats it as far as i know as i never had that problem. You should check out 2+2 travel forum or something since there's way more us expat's there who already made the move.
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Bronze
      he is actually a filipino born and raised in davao :D
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      became a territory after ww2
    • YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MatejM47
      RE-read it again. It says that residents of US or US territories are not allowed to play from ANYWHERE in the world. Meaning that if your US resident your not allowed to play from anywhere in the world when your on vacation. You have to actually move out and declare a new country of residency in order to get your account unlocked.

Just because you changed your adress in your PS account and have philli IP its still not enough for them to let you play.

Thats it as far as i know as i never had that problem. You should check out 2+2 travel forum or something since there's way more us expat's there who already made the move.
      pls don't make me a US citizen. i love being a Filipino. :(

and i've NEVER been to the US. care to send me a plane ticket? wooot
    • YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      i should change thread title to make it clearer......
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi there YinYangS!

Have you tried contacting PokerStars support to see what all this is about then?

It's the best advice I can offer you at the moment and please let us know what they say ;)

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Hi there YinYangS!

Have you tried contacting PokerStars support to see what all this is about then?

It's the best advice I can offer you at the moment and please let us know what they say ;)

Kind regards,
      Gary
      yup, i have. right after i got the pop-up and realized i can't join a table, i contacted them. hours later, they emailed me requesting to provide them documents.

so i just emailed them. and i'm hoping that i can play again very very soon.
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      God damn it, son! You just woke up as an American!

YEE-HAW!!!
    • YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Krishjanis
      God damn it, son! You just woke up as an American!
      YEE-HAW!!!
      it would have probably been better if an American hot babe woke up beside me. :O
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      :D

Let us know when you receive an update YinYangS!

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      Here is their reply. I can play real money again.

Hello Glen,

Thank you for contacting us.

An initial review of your account has revealed that you appear to have used PokerStars real money services from the United States.

As you may already be aware, residents of the United States and United States Territories are not permitted to make deposits into their accounts or engage in real-money activity (game play, transfer of funds, or T$ trading) while physically located in US soil.

Same as above, residents of other nations are not permitted to engage in real-money activity (game play, transfer of funds, or T$ trading) while physically located in the United States. This applies even if you are a resident of another country.

While checking our reports, it appears you have logged on from a US IP. The IP address shown in your system is 112.211.189.108 which belongs to a United States military facility.

We want to confirm that any attempt to circumvent these restrictions is a breach of the PokerStars Terms of Service. This will lead to your account being closed and your account balance being forfeited.

PokerStars has further information on this information online here:
      http://www.pokerstars.com/usaplayers/faq/

PokerStars’ Terms of Service is available on our website in full:
      http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/tos/

If you are using a satellite, VPN, cable or router connection to appear in the US or are located in a US military base, we would recommend you not to use any of the above connections as this will generate doubts of your physical location and hence, this could lead to your account being closed and your account balance being forfeited as explained before. We suggest that you please contact your internet service provider and ask them to avoid assigning you IP addresses that belong to United States.

We trust that this has been helpful to you, but please feel free to email us anytime at us.investigations@pokerstars.com if you require any further clarification.

Regards,

Stephanny
      PokerStars Security Team

it seems that i woke up in a US military base and logged in to my account there. :f_confused:

or the most probably reason might be that someone was able to log-in to my account from there.

another insane reason could be that the US military is spying on my puny dollar account.

anyways, i changed my password just in case. i'm just glad i'm able to play again. wooot
    • audmondido
      audmondido
      Bronze
      Maybe the pokerstars security team should re-check their IP ranges :
      http://ip-address-lookup-v4.com/lookup.php?host=ip-address-lookup-v4.com&ip=112.211.189.108&x=71&y=6

It's clearly in the Philippines....

Maybe they're having too much tanduay ?
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hello Glen,
      While checking our reports, it appears you have logged on from a US IP. The IP address shown in your system is 112.211.189.108 which belongs to a United States military facility.

We suggest that you please contact your internet service provider and ask them to avoid assigning you IP addresses that belong to United States.

or the most probably reason might be that someone was able to log-in to my account from there.
      I think that Pokerstars advice to involve your ISP's technical people is very good advice indeed.

It is is entirely possible that some address formerly used by some US gov't agency has been re-purposed for local use and nobody told Pokerstars.

But PokerStars is very careful about avoiding any more trouble with the US Dept of Justice, and I'm sure you would hate to lose your bankroll over a clerical error.

Please, before you log in again, check w/ your ISP to ensure that they can verify that your IP address is indeed yours. Get a letter if you can.

If you've already done that, fantastic,

--VS
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      Hello Glen,

We suggest that you please contact your internet service provider and ask them to avoid assigning you IP addresses that belong to United States.

I think that Pokerstars advice to involve your ISP's technical people is very good advice indeed.

It is is entirely possible that some address formerly used by some US gov't agency has been re-purposed for local use and nobody told Pokerstars.

But PokerStars is very careful about avoiding any more trouble with the US Dept of Justice, and I'm sure you would hate to lose your bankroll over a clerical error.

Please, before you log in again, check w/ your ISP to ensure that they can verify that your IP address is indeed yours. Get a letter if you can.

If you've already done that, fantastic,

--VS
      This.

Thank you for updating us Glen and hope you print plenty of $$$ at PokerStars.
    • chrisbenedictvalencia
      chrisbenedictvalencia
      Bronze
      not anymore bro
    • chrisbenedictvalencia
      chrisbenedictvalencia
      Bronze
      I'm having the same concerns with my account. It seems the IP address that Globe telecom provides is located in the US.

Still waiting for pokerstars support team to reply :f_mad: