Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $31.69
      CO:
      $45.05

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2:diamond: , 2:club:
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.75, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.60) A:heart: , J:diamond: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, CO calls $1.00.

Turn: ($3.60) T:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2.56, Hero raises to $6.00, CO folds.

Final Pot: $12.16

I'm never sure what to do in this situation. Entertaining a lot of thoughts to do with protecting my hand against a flush draw while still getting the maximum amount of value possible out of this hand.In hindsight i realise that maybe i should have check/called or check/raised this flop because it is a good flop to contibet for my opponent.i opted to lead the flop then check/raise the turn. Would love some help on this one
  • 6 replies
    • Vice1
      Vice1
      Bronze
      There are quite some draws possible on the flop. Also villain could have two pair or TPTK. So raising on the flop is a good play I think. You will gain initiative of the hand and make it more expensive for draws.

Also because you are OOP choose for the c/r option quicker. It doesn't give villain the chance to check behind on the turn.
    • prugo
      prugo
      Bronze
      If you're going to donk, just 3-barrel-donk. Donking and check-raising looks insanely strong for anything worse than your hand to call you.

Against a thinking opponent I don't agree in that it's a good flop to c/r on because you wouldn't really be raising a FD or a GS on a flop that hits so good a PFR range. Raising the turn definitely isolates you against better when QK completes.

Donk, donk, donk, or c/c three times or even c/c, c/c and crai otr to represent a missed FD are better imo.
    • Vice1
      Vice1
      Bronze
      I think donk donk donk or donk donk c/r is an interesting option against many thinking opponents. Only I'm wondering with what kind of hands would you balance this?
    • prugo
      prugo
      Bronze
      No real need to balance much this spot on NL25. Hopefully OP will move on stakes soon :D
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      draws come to mind. :f_biggrin:

against more unsuspecting opponents we may even vary the sizing, they're too busy multitabling/will only consider donk% anyway. :f_biggrin:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello legand73,

Preflop: Do you think you can even set-mine vs CO range?

As played
      Postflop: Don't like the donk & Check/Raise line at all. Rather Check/Raise the flop while we have a lot of draws in our Check/Raising range. Or if you you decide to donk the flop then do it bigger and continue betting on the turn yourself.

Best Regards.