Welcome to Italy - International Hot Spot

• cagnoozo

Do you wish to know more about :

- Italian poker regulation
      - Player lifestyle and professional expectations round here
      - Pros and Cons of our live and online scenario

Or simply checking out for Italian friends to show you around when you come on holidays?
      Why not stick in your schedule a side-event or make friends with local players as well?

Do drop a line in the thread below here then:
      (switches to Italian forum, you may want to do this in a new tab)

International Hot Spot

we will be happy to give you some tips!

Please post in English.
      If you are not and English speaker, no prob:
      send me a private message in your own language or an email at:
      italian@pokerstrategy, titled "Int Hot Spot - *yournickname*"

• 9 replies
    • ArkhamAsylum
      eerrrmmmmmmmm ok
    • AllgaeuHero
      are there any plans allowing Foreign players to play on pokerstars italy?
    • Rukkizzi
      Hey, Im wondering how much it costs to live in Italy? Rent prices, internet and general bills and what not.
    • Fr0z3nByt3
      Rent depends a lot on the city, it's a lot more expensive to live in the North.
      In Turin the rent for a small apartment is around 400euros, in Milan a couple hundreds more. The bills for electricity, internet, etc are 100-200euros total every month. One probably needs about 700euros every month and can live quite nice with >1000.
      The reason I wouldn't recommend moving to Italy to play poker is that you can only play on Italian sites (pokerstars.it, partypoker.it and a few smaller ones) vs Italian players only, so there aren't many games running and the rake is much bigger, because the taxes go directly from the sites to... the state or whatever...
    • sugalde
      Is there a site where we can view population numbers of these EU sites ? Im curious to see how many its taken away from the main pokerstars. I understand why countries are doing it yet its sooo bad for online poker overall. In Australia our government has been talking about similiar regulations however its a joke.... Australia has 20 mil people I could never imagine anywhere near 20K players online at peak times it just wouldn't happen not enough people play online poker here! It would kill online poker and Im sure alot of players would re-locate to countries which they could play on the main sites.
    • outspan
      @sugalde: I'm sure it would damage the MTT scene in Australia, like it has in Italy, but having a closed system has its own advantages... yes, we're playing a much smaller field, but the upside is that it is much fishier.

Italy has a population of about 60 million, and that seems plenty. I won't lie, I miss the big tourneys, but MTTs still attract a respectable number of players.

@Rukkizzi: this website is quite accurate: http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_result.jsp?country=Italy

Just pick the city you want to know about... you can also compare the city you live in now to any of the Italian cities listed there.
    • SuperrSicc
      Ciao, I'm moving to Italy soon and have a few questions.

1)Will it be possible for me to make an account on any .it sites? I'm an Italian citizen if that matters.
      1a)Can I just use my .com Pokerstars account?
      2)If so, what is the action like at 50NL-200Nl+?
      3)What is the live poker like around Bologna?

Grazie! Take care!
    • LordHase
      aha :heart:
    • GamblinP

can I add you as a friend, I would like to ask you some questions about playing poker in Italy?