This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl5 sh AJ Cb flop, X/F turn

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $5.92
      BB: $3.73
      UTG: $3.39
      Hero (MP): $8.12
      CO: $5.35
      BTN: $6.08

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is MP with J:heart: A:spade:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.15, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.15, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.37) Q:heart: 4:diamond: 5:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.22, BTN calls $0.22

Turn: ($0.81) 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.51, Hero folds

Is this standard or am i bleeding money in spots like this?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

Kinda, cause he is capable of floating you even maybe with weaker hands and of course a lot of PPs. So if we CB then we might want to 2nd barrel it as well to get rid of floats.

Best Regards.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello DrDunne,

Kinda, cause he is capable of floating you even maybe with weaker hands and of course a lot of PPs. So if we CB then we might want to 2nd barrel it as well to get rid of floats.

Best Regards.
      okay. so from what i gather 2nd barrels are good on scare cards like a K or A (although i guess there are more Ax hands in people's ranges), but why 2nd barrel here? i don't understand what criteria?

if i 2nd barrel and he is on a FD, he probably won't fold, nor if he hit some random 5x hand, or some 67h or even just a Qx hand. i don't understand when is a good time to 2nd barrel but i know im being floated so much since switching to SH.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello DrDunne,

Best Regards.
      okay. so from what i gather 2nd barrels are good on scare cards like a K or A (although i guess there are more Ax hands in people's ranges), but why 2nd barrel here? i don't understand what criteria?

if i 2nd barrel and he is on a FD, he probably won't fold, nor if he hit some random 5x hand, or some 67h or even just a Qx hand. i don't understand when is a good time to 2nd barrel but i know im being floated so much since switching to SH.
      Because the guy may float you with draws/PPs which are going to fold it to 2nd barrel. Just CBetting and hoping that he folds is not gonna work out, especially if he is loose.