SB: $5.92
      BB: $3.73
      UTG: $3.39
      Hero (MP): $8.12
      CO: $5.35
      BTN: $6.08

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is MP with J:heart: A:spade:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.15, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.15, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.37) Q:heart: 4:diamond: 5:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.22, BTN calls $0.22

Turn: ($0.81) 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.51, Hero folds

Is this standard or am i bleeding money in spots like this?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

Kinda, cause he is capable of floating you even maybe with weaker hands and of course a lot of PPs. So if we CB then we might want to 2nd barrel it as well to get rid of floats.

Best Regards.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Silver
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello DrDunne,

Kinda, cause he is capable of floating you even maybe with weaker hands and of course a lot of PPs. So if we CB then we might want to 2nd barrel it as well to get rid of floats.

Best Regards.
      okay. so from what i gather 2nd barrels are good on scare cards like a K or A (although i guess there are more Ax hands in people's ranges), but why 2nd barrel here? i don't understand what criteria?

if i 2nd barrel and he is on a FD, he probably won't fold, nor if he hit some random 5x hand, or some 67h or even just a Qx hand. i don't understand when is a good time to 2nd barrel but i know im being floated so much since switching to SH.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello DrDunne,

Best Regards.
      okay. so from what i gather 2nd barrels are good on scare cards like a K or A (although i guess there are more Ax hands in people's ranges), but why 2nd barrel here? i don't understand what criteria?

if i 2nd barrel and he is on a FD, he probably won't fold, nor if he hit some random 5x hand, or some 67h or even just a Qx hand. i don't understand when is a good time to 2nd barrel but i know im being floated so much since switching to SH.
      Because the guy may float you with draws/PPs which are going to fold it to 2nd barrel. Just CBetting and hoping that he folds is not gonna work out, especially if he is loose.