[NL2-NL10] A4s UTG vs donk

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $6.23 - VPIP: 62, PFR: 29, 3B: 3, AF: 3.3, Hands: 111

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is UTG with A:spade: 3:spade:
      Hero raises to $0.15, 1 fold, CO calls $0.15, 1 fold, SB calls $0.13, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.50) J:diamond: 7:diamond: A:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.25, CO raises to $0.50, SB folds, Hero calls $0.25

Turn: ($1.50) Q:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.80, Hero folds

I have a big problem playing against people like this. I know it was really loose to open UTG with this hand but the table was basically folding and trying to isolate this one guy so i thought i would give it a go (albeit with a stupid hand). Villain’s standard line is donk flop, donk turn. Minraise to any bet and get to showdown as much as possible. I never know how to play against them. Should i have called him down with this hand? He shows up with lots of air, lots of 2pair, lots of draws etc etc. Just a general donk.
  • 6 replies
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Don't like the open with A3s from UTG. If the table is folding then open hands like A9/A8 from UTG you want to play tpgk type hands against this guy because he'll call you down with the A3 type hands. So rather than these low suited A's open up your value range.

Honestly don't know what i'd so post. If he's showing up with air or second pair a lot then I'd call down.
    • Tiltmeifucan
      Tiltmeifucan
      Bronze
      He is donkey or not, it's never good idea to open first with A3 mostly you will just get called from better or you get raise by regulars. You will have to hit a dream flop if you want to stay into action vs donkey, so i think better play tighter and aggressive IP and use your skill and card advantage wisely.
    • nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      your trying to get in lots of spots with this fish and in doing this you are playing weak/marginal hands oop, just wait for better hands were you can have him dominated because playing like this is how the fish get big stacks to lose to the other regs :f_biggrin:
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      yeah i dont like it either. i was a little too eager to play a pot with him. i guess it comes from not having a postflop plan! problem here was that he was such a donk but i didnt have position on him much cos he was to my left :(
    • nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      yeah i dont like it either. i was a little too eager to play a pot with him. i guess it comes from not having a postflop plan! problem here was that he was such a donk but i didnt have position on him much cos he was to my left :(
      i have be guilty of the same many times, you want to take him out before someone else does but by pushing this you play a tilty game

patience is a big part of poker and getting impatient and trying to force the action is a bad thing,

hey if someone else busts him so what there are plenty more fish in the sea
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

Preflop: If you are weak playing those hands and not having enough of knowledge postflop I'd rather advice to fold them.

As played
      Postflop: CB the flop bigger and for the given odds vs a min-raise it will be difficult to fold on flop but I'd also fold on the turn.

Best Regards.